Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-30-2012, 08:10 PM   #11 
twolovers101

It looks like his scales are raised... I'm not really an expert, but could the poor guy have dropsy? It seems to me that you're doing a great job at trying to help the little fellow :)

What I know about fin-rot and the maracyns is that maracyn II treats gram negative bacteria, and maracyn I treats gram positive... It's possible that the reason the fin rot hasn't responded to the maracyn II is that it might be gram positive (there are two types of fin rot)

Also have you tried just treating him with AQ salt alone?
twolovers101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:13 PM   #12 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Scales up could be columus.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:57 AM   #13 
NikiWay

Quote:
Originally Posted by twolovers101 View Post
It looks like his scales are raised... I'm not really an expert, but could the poor guy have dropsy? It seems to me that you're doing a great job at trying to help the little fellow :)

What I know about fin-rot and the maracyns is that maracyn II treats gram negative bacteria, and maracyn I treats gram positive... It's possible that the reason the fin rot hasn't responded to the maracyn II is that it might be gram positive (there are two types of fin rot)

Also have you tried just treating him with AQ salt alone?
Gosh, I feel like my microbio professor would be really disappointed in me right now!
I will look into a gram-positive medicine. I couldn't find Maracin I when I was shopping for the meds. I will try to look online and see what I can have shipped.

His scales aren't coning out a lot, and the Maracyn-Two "treats" for dropsy, so I figured it was okay but I probably shouldn't have overlooked it when nothing changed.

Perhaps the scales could be caused by the gram-positive issue! Alright, so I will see if I can get a gram-positive med rush delivered.
In a few days I'll have the Aquarium Leaves.
And hopefully everything will be wonderful!!

Oh, and yes. I have tried just aquarium salt.

Thank you thank you for your thoughts on the different fin-rot bacteria!!
NikiWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:05 PM   #14 
NikiWay

I didn't see an edit button but PetSmart had Maracyn so I measured out one of the packets for the next 5 days. Hopefully this will help!!

Thanks again for the information guys!
NikiWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #15 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

You cannot edit after 20 minutes.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote