Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-30-2012, 08:18 PM   #11 
Fisherman J

I am well aware of that, if given great care its not unheard of for them to reach between 14" to 16". However, like you said, 100 gallons for 2 oscars. The senegals get to be about 15" MAX but more typically around 9" to 10". The twig catfish doesnt really impact the bioload all that much since he may be the longest but as the name implies, he is the size of a small twig. So, given good feedings, no decomposing food, good filtration, and regular water changes, how do you feel a 125 would not work for these fish?
Fisherman J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:27 PM   #12 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Twig still take room. I would only reccomend 2 oscars for a 125 gallon.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:31 PM   #13 
Fisherman J

The bio load from twig catfish is pretty small, I can understand your recommendation but I already have the fish, and I cant very well get an aquarium outside of my budget. I will get the biggest aquarium i can from craigslist but probably will be a 125 due to my price range. Like I said I will be sure to keep up on water changes and good filtration and overall care.
Old 11-30-2012, 08:32 PM   #14 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

You can easily re home fish you dont have room for.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #15 
Fisherman J

That is true that I could but there is no guarantee that they would go to proper homes. These are the fish that I have chosen to care for and I believe they will be perfectly healthy and happy in a 125 if well maintained. I have done much research on this prior to purchasing these fish so I do know what I am doing. I apologize if I am coming off as stubborn or rude.
Old 12-01-2012, 01:41 AM   #16 
Phaydra

I think we all need to remember just because we disagree with how someone has their tanks set up doesn't mean we have the right to bully them into doing what we want. After all it is their fish and their money. Advice is good but demands are not. I have been a bit brash myself from time to time as we all have but I think everyone here likes to be polite.
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #17 
Fisherman J

Thank you Phaydra, I have been trying to be as nice as possible with this. I'm here to learn new things, and gain knowledge in the hobby I love. I dont want to spend my time arguing
Old 12-01-2012, 02:34 PM   #18 
Tikibirds

Twig catfish? Do you have pics of the fish. I wanna see
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #19 
Fisherman J

I dont have pics of her, but this link looks juss like mine except bigger! They're an algae eater

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=twig+...,r:9,s:0,i:153
Old 12-01-2012, 02:41 PM   #20 
FishyFishy89

The tank isn't there to JUST house the fish. It is there to house in fish AND his territory requirements as well as his bioload requirements. If you stock it too much there could be a spike in the water parameters and your fish will die of poisoning. Another issue that could happen is the fish could start bickering and fighting over space limits.

EVERY animal needs it's own space to live happy and healthy. If you cannot support ALL of their needs, then you need to find another type of fish to enjoy; one that doesn't grow so large or require a large territory.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote