Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-01-2012, 03:45 PM   #21 
Fisherman J

Fishy Fishy, these fish are still quite small, as stated before. The tank is very well taken care of and they have an upgrade coming in the short future. This tank is a GROW OUT. It is by no means permanent.
Fisherman J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:50 PM   #22 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman J View Post
Fishy Fishy, these fish are still quite small, as stated before. The tank is very well taken care of and they have an upgrade coming in the short future. This tank is a GROW OUT. It is by no means permanent.
2 Oscars need atleast 150 gallons. You also have other fish to meet their needs. So you will need atleast 200 gallons.
FishyFishy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:53 PM   #23 
Fisherman J

Fishy, I respect your opinion, but have to disagree. For full grown oscars I have seen people on monsterfishkeepers who have much knowledge on big fish, keeping them in a 75 gallon. Also like i said, I'm going to get a 125 MINIMUM, and if taken care of it would be great for my fish. but I am going to get the biggest I can afford to buy. Please read closer before you comment because nowhere did i say im getting a 125 and thats final. Im going to get the biggest i can afford.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:00 PM   #24 
FishyFishy89

What you see on TV isn't always the correct thing to do. You CANNOT keep all the fish you have in a single 125 gallon. 200 gallons maybe squeezing it. How would you feel to be stuffed like that? Being picked on and bickered because of space issues. Possibly being sick because of the water parameters being off.

I am not here to bully you. I am hear to educate you and help you do the right thing for your fish. If you don't do the right thing for your fish then they will get sick, depressed and die. Sick and depressed fish are not a joy to look at.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:02 PM   #25 
Fisherman J

Where did you get TV from? I never go by tv for any fish keeping advice sir. I believe that with proper upkeep that the 125 would work, but again i will say that Im going to get the biggest i can afford.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #26 
Tikibirds

Quote:
I dont have pics of her, but this link looks juss like mine except bigger! They're an algae eater

http://www.google.com/imgres?q=twig+...,r:9,s:0,i:153
Intersting. That was not how I pictured it. I was thinking something like this

Anyways, Guys - the OP knows what the fish need. Badgering them by saying they need 200 gallons isn't helping. I'm sure if they find one on craigslist that they can afford, they will get it. I doubt all fish breeders have 200 gallons for their growout tanks

It's like me fighting with my sister over her goldfish. She knows she needs a 50 gallon or bigger tank but that is NEVER going to happen. 20 gallons with frequent water changes is as good as its gonna get, which in my opinion is better then being put into a bowl with no water changes at all

Last edited by Tikibirds; 12-01-2012 at 04:06 PM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #27 
Fisherman J

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tikibirds View Post
Intersting. That was not how I pictured it. I was thinking something like this

Anyways, Guys - the OP knows what the fish need. Badgering them by saying they need 200 gallons isn't helping. I'm sure if they find one on craigslist that they can afford, they will get it. I doubt all fish breeders have 200 gallons for their growout tanks
+1
Old 12-01-2012, 04:07 PM   #28 
FishyFishy89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisherman J View Post
For full grown oscars I have seen people on monsterfishkeepers who have much knowledge on big fish, keeping them in a 75 gallon.
I don't watch TV often, but the way you worded this came out like you were talking about a TV show.

Further more, AqAdvisor disagrees with the space you plan to give your fish. http://www.aqadvisor.com/AqAdvisor.p...rchMode=simple
Old 12-01-2012, 04:09 PM   #29 
Fisherman J

Monsterfishkeepers is a fish keeping forum, and I dont get all of my information from one sole source, I spend at the minimum a month researching the care needs and housing requirement of any animal that i get. I am well aware of what i am talking about.
Old 12-01-2012, 04:12 PM   #30 
Fisherman J

I may be looking at your link wrong, but i dont see where my stocking is not possible, plus there is no filtration plans that are on there. I am most likely going to go with a few canister filters.