Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-01-2012, 09:34 AM   #1 
XxXMermaidzXxX

Ich Infestation spreading...

So I looked at ALL my bettas today and yes i saw the salt like stuff on my bettas. I tryed fizz tablets all they do is just make the ich worse! Got any home-made recipies? ty for your reply.. I really need it.
XxXMermaidzXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #2 
shellieca
Reference Team

From all that I've been told & read the best treatment is turn the heat up to 86-88, water changes with a good vacuuming. It takes 2-3 wks to be gone, it'll look way worse before getting better, leave the heat up for at least 1 wk after the last spot is seen. If you want to do meds there are ones that are specific for Ich just go to your local LFS, Petsmart or Petco. W
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #3 
RaptorX8

Ich. Ich. Ich. Ich. Ich! I hate ich! It seems no matter where I get my fish, they always end up coming with ich! So I've been having a lot of experience of late.

I've used the heat method coupled with aquarium salt treatment of up to 3tsp per gallon. There are two stages of the ich life cycle that salt will kill them.

I've also used the heat and Lifeguard tablets to successfully to treat ich. I tried using an ich specific medicine before and it didn't work.

It doesn't always look worse before it gets better. My current guy had two spots on him and two spots only for his whole treatment until the spots burst.

And for the future, if your bettas are in different tanks and you can't afford to have tools for each tank, soak them in extremely hot water between uses. That's what I do.

Last edited by RaptorX8; 12-01-2012 at 03:30 PM.
RaptorX8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #4 
sandrac8388

I used Quick Cure for my sick betta i bought a few weeks ago. Treated him for 1 week along with the raised temp and he is all better!! Such a huge difference in the behavior and appetite
sandrac8388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:50 AM   #5 
XxXMermaidzXxX

O.K thanks guys c; though i don't got a heater, i'm going to clean his tank again and and warm up the water a bit. I have some epsom salt... Should i use that? Thanks for the info guys c;
XxXMermaidzXxX is offline   Reply With Quote