Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-11-2012, 11:43 AM   #11 
Sena Hansler

I had an SBD betta whose entertainment was to attack you whenever he saw you. Despite being half out of the water on his side It also took months to get him completely better. And that was still with relapses!

It could end up chronic. If so, just make sure he can get food and breathe :)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:21 PM   #12 
sainthogan

Thank you, he can get food and can breathe fine. It's still not clearing up very well. It's slowly getting better, so maybe just more time. He is still doing the turbo swimming thing then taking a big gulp of air, but not as much as before.
On a side note, I cleaned his tank the other day and when I was pouring the water back in, his new plant bulb floated in front of his preferred entrance to his pineapple and he was not a happy camper. It wasn't blocking the entrance, but due to his swimming issue, he couldn't enter straight on, and it made him mad. He actually flared at it! Then he started head butting it! I stuck my turkey baster in there and moved it out of the way, but it took him until today to go back into his pineapple.
sainthogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:32 PM   #13 
Sena Hansler

What a cute little fella!! What personality lol
Old 12-11-2012, 12:38 PM   #14 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
I had an SBD betta whose entertainment was to attack you whenever he saw you. Despite being half out of the water on his side It also took months to get him completely better. And that was still with relapses!

It could end up chronic. If so, just make sure he can get food and breathe :)
I want to praise you for helping that Betta. I saw an Oscar at Petco with one eye. If I could get an Oscar it would be that one. It made the one eye work for it. It would look at then turn around to get full vision.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:42 PM   #15 
Sena Hansler

Thanks! It was my friend's rescue betta. The owner never cleaned the tank (guppies, the betta and a pleco) for over 6 months and the only thing that survived was the betta. whose rotted fins were falling off, and was so bloated x.x
Old 12-11-2012, 12:50 PM   #16 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Someday I want a half blind or blind Betta. I would never make one . I would rescue one.
Old 12-11-2012, 01:18 PM   #17 
Phaydra

My CT does the motorboat too as I call it. Just one of his quirks. I wouldn't worry about it to much unless he is slamming into the tank wall or decor.
Phaydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #18 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

This guy is very healthy.