Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #1 
Sena Hansler

CANADA POST rant

I am SO upset right now! Not only did I have to be the bearer of bad news, but I had to open the box to find frozen fish. The water was 16.3 degrees, and their bodies were solid to the touch! Anyone who is getting fish from me, I am going to only be shipping during late spring, and early to mid summer. Obviously canada post is not worth what they make you pay for a failure of delivery. This is the SECOND time they have screwed up, and at leads last time the fish were alive!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:38 PM   #2 
logisticsguy

Where were the fish coming from Sena? This is a concern for me too shipping in Canada. Could you consider another company? Im not sure it would be any different but?? Also have you tried those lil heat packs, not sure if they work well myself. I am in the industry so I will ask around for a solution.
logisticsguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:42 PM   #3 
Sena Hansler

There were two heat packs in there, frigid cold. The fish were solid, and the water was at 16 degrees (60 F for you USA folks) by the time it came to my door :( I'm afraid due to Canada Posts complete lack of care, an complete and utter carelessness I have to make sure anyone who buys my fish will at lead have a chance at getting live fish!! Unless I find another company that can do better I'm afraid I may have to be a paranoid person

They came from Ontario. First time around 5 fish came cold (few days late) but alive. This time decently on time and frozen solid. The first time it was when the temperature was somewhat warm (unable to freeze) and still had two heat packs in there.
Old 11-29-2012, 01:55 PM   #4 
BeautifulBetta123
Banned

So mad too because two of the frozen fish Sena is talking about were mine!!!!!!!!!!!!! So mad right now I hate Canada post! They suck! MY babies are dead!
BeautifulBetta123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 01:57 PM   #5 
Sena Hansler

I know! I sent you an email. BettaFX is not pleased either. Plus now I can't ship mos of the time because I'm afraid to. Three months shipping sucks. Wish I could all year round!! Maybe Fed Ex is any better?
Old 11-29-2012, 02:02 PM   #6 
logisticsguy

I put a call to a friend who is a sales manager at Fed-ex who I worked with for years. He is a good and honest guy. He is going to look at the problem and get back to me. Could not be worse than Canada Post imo, I contracted with them for a long time and have seen up close how much they care = zero. Sorry to hear about your and Beautiful123s loss.

Last edited by logisticsguy; 11-29-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:07 PM   #7 
Sena Hansler

Yeah this is the second time Canada post let me down. Hopefully someone else knows a company who is at least 40% better than Canada Post.

Shae, you've definitely shown how responsible and patient you are, and you e set everything up for these fish. I'm going to make it up to you - and on top of that I will also give you one (or more, up to you) of my baby bettas, free and straight to your door by my hands.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:15 PM   #8 
logisticsguy

I do have a solution for betta coming from Ontario. I do all the air cargo for a company in Toronto that lands in Calgary. Every Tuesday Im shipped a container that has extra room in it. It leaves TO and is my hands a couple hours later and is never outside. I pick up as soon as it lands, very time sensitive. I could get a super cheap rate and keep them here at my betta motel until you pick up from me?? Shipping out is not possible in this scenerio but trying it for incoming from Ontario would work well imo. Thoughts?
Old 11-29-2012, 02:18 PM   #9 
Sena Hansler

That's something interesting! Wouldn't be able to currently, by I will definitely keep that in mind :) that way when my bf and I make a trip to Calgary every once in a while (probably not in winter) we can swing by.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #10 
logisticsguy

Also I do deliveries on a semi regular basis to the North, like Red Deer and Edmonton. We could meet up on the Highway possibly. I delivered a dog just a week ago shipped in to Red Deer.