Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-01-2012, 07:58 PM   #11 
Hershey

My creative thinking includes a black copper and a sea blue or something.
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 08:12 PM   #12 
DragonFish

Oh, there a definitely a nice Black copper in his lines somewhere, probably not as a parent though. I bet theres a nice blue dragon in there somewhere as well....
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #13 
beacon

are you kidding?! I'ld have bought him too - he is the most beautiful!! I love how he looks. Good job to get him. Nice.
beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:04 PM   #14 
sareena79

Maverick!
sareena79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:12 PM   #15 
Chuckee

Sooooo pretty!
He's a gorgeous little creature.
I myself ended up with 3 today (I only wanted thermometers, I swear!)
But the store I went into, I've never been into and they have these guys in about 3/4 cups! And some of them had barely an inch of water, even though they had wider vases/cups! (Don't worry, I made the guy add water, I promise!
I picked up a blue and white, and then saw a sign discounting them when you buy three (almost a free betta) so I picked up a pale little guy who may not even survive, but I sincerely hope that he does, because I don't see why he shouldn't. And then I was looking at them and trying to decide which last one to take with me... for a while.
Suddenly, my man walked up behind me and said, "get that red one and let's go, babe"
"The red one? Are you sure, babe?" I've always been attracted to the blues and blacks, you see, so that's what I have. And a "chocolate-ish"... And as of today, there's a salmon-y colored little dude.
"Yup. I pointed at the one I want. Pick him up and let's go"
So, now there is a red amongst my rescues, too. He looks hardy. He's also going to be staying at the boyfriend's house, because I'm running out of fish-space.
Chuckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:13 PM   #16 
DragonFish

Haha, thanks guys!! xD

Oh my goodness, a discount when you buy three?! Oh geez....hopefully the stores around here don't have those discounts! I'd be over 20 bettas before the end of he year!!
I hope your little rescue pulls though too!! Its always so satisfying, watching the ones in not so great health heal and turn into the gorgeous fish they're meant to be. x3

Actually, I ALMOST walked out without him. I had kinda wanted to get a baby betta, raise it up and make that my Christmas/winter project since lately I'd been missing my babies and feeling a little sentimental(when I bred a few years back, my babies were born around this time and hatched December 3rd)....which I'll still probably, do, but the few babies they had didn't really call to me. I walked around the betta shelves a couple of times, trying to talk myself out of this guy.....but the second time I leaned down to look at him I knew there was no way I was walking out of the store without him. xD So, I go him and my plants, hid him in my bag after paying, and snuck him home.

Oh! And actually, I have a bit of a similar story...
I informed my girlfriend though text of my most recent purchase by saying "So, I went into Petco alone..." And because she knows me WAY too well, I got the response of "Oh god, how many fish?"
I assured her it was just one and sent her a picture, and her reaction was....mind, put slightly less appropriately and elegantly "Holy crap thats a beautiful fish.". xD Pretty sure he won her over as well. <3

Last edited by DragonFish; 12-01-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #17 
Chuckee

Quote:
Originally Posted by sareena79 View Post
Maverick!
Don't you think that something more in theme with addictions and fetishes would be more appropriate?
Chuckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:21 PM   #18 
DragonFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckee View Post
Don't you think that something more in theme with addictions and fetishes would be more appropriate?
Oh my goodness. Even this smiley does not appropriately express how hard I'm laughing right now.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #19 
rubinthebetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFish View Post
Oh my goodness. Even this smiley does not appropriately express how hard I'm laughing right now.
You and me both. Maybe you should call him Dragon. It's just an idea. BTW, he's gorgeous!!!!!!
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #20 
DragonFish

Thank you!!
And thank you for the name suggestion. xD I have a couple in mind though, I just gotta decide!

I got a couple pictures of him this morning in the sunlight. Yay for no flash!