Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #1 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Unhappy Injured betta!

King Dedede is injured! some dude I invited to my b-day party (named Justin) started to injure my betta! here's the story my friend, Ilia told. "so, Justin picked up the net, and started hitting King Dedede on the chest, then, King Dedede bumped into the filter harshly, almost getting sucked in! then, Justin started hitting King Dedede on the head. That's when you came in and saw Justin with the net in the water." I'm really worried! small parts of tail and fins have been torn off and King Dedede acts really confused... he looks so weak and helpless now... can someone please help me??
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:28 PM   #2 
Sena Hansler

What size of tank is he in? I would lower the water level to allow him to be able to reach the surface. If you can, remove the filter as well and maybe just add a bubbler for some surface movement. Depending how hard he was hit, he could have internal damage and there may not be any hope, however you can still try and at the very least make him comfortable.

How is he acting exactly? Spiral swimming, gasping, spazzing, floating, clamped fins, etc...?
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #3 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
What size of tank is he in? I would lower the water level to allow him to be able to reach the surface. If you can, remove the filter as well and maybe just add a bubbler for some surface movement. Depending how hard he was hit, he could have internal damage and there may not be any hope, however you can still try and at the very least make him comfortable.

How is he acting exactly? Spiral swimming, gasping, spazzing, floating, clamped fins, etc...?
5 gallon and okay. my friend said King Dedede got slapped super hard. he's clamped and is swimming in spirals, there's gasping and... that's pretty much all there is.

EDIT: what's spazzing?

EDIT 2: What is a bubbler?

Last edited by Little Leaf; 12-01-2012 at 10:23 PM. Reason: forgot to add something
Old 12-01-2012, 10:46 PM   #4 
Little Leaf

can someone else please give more facts about this??
Old 12-01-2012, 10:49 PM   #5 
LuckyBlue

So sorry you are having such trouble.... not everyone cherishes life of all living creatures. Good Luck and I hope he recovers!
LuckyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:52 PM   #6 
LuckyBlue

Also, I think the best you can do is to keep him warm around 80, and give him quiet time to recover. One of my kids at school cupped my Nebula rather roughly up the side of the aquarium and he was bent for a bit and we were worried, but he did recover.

And Justin would not be my friend anymore!
LuckyBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #7 
Eggbert

I think Justin and I need to have a private fist to face.....I mean face to face
Eggbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:01 PM   #8 
Little Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggbert View Post
I think Justin and I need to have a private fist to face.....I mean face to face

I'm gonna fist to face him! I am NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER GONNA FORGIVE HIM!! King Dedede seems to be struggling, now.

Struggling to hang onto life.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:02 PM   #9 
Little Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyBlue View Post
Also, I think the best you can do is to keep him warm around 80, and give him quiet time to recover. One of my kids at school cupped my Nebula rather roughly up the side of the aquarium and he was bent for a bit and we were worried, but he did recover.

And Justin would not be my friend anymore!
I am going to KILL JUSTIN. well, not kill but... you get me

Last edited by Little Leaf; 12-01-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: mistake? hahaha
Old 12-01-2012, 11:14 PM   #10 
shinitakin

I'm sorry to hear that Justin treated King Dedede so poorly. >:(

Spazzing means to be moving/swimming spasmodically, and a bubbler, I think, adds oxygen to the water and acts kind of like a filter.
shinitakin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta injury, cruelty to betta!, help!!!, injury, letargic, not looking too good, poor king dedede