Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-02-2012, 12:16 AM   #11 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinitakin View Post
I'm sorry to hear that Justin treated King Dedede so poorly. >:(

Spazzing means to be moving/swimming spasmodically, and a bubbler, I think, adds oxygen to the water and acts kind of like a filter.
I don't have a bubbler. also, what does spasmodically mean?
Little Leaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:41 AM   #12 
shinitakin

Well, to swim spasmodically would be so swim in little fits or jerks. Like if a person were to have a spasm.
shinitakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 12:50 AM   #13 
AyalaCookiejar

I am so sorry that someone would do that to your fish :( my friends joke about feeding my fish drugs. (They watch Skins too much.) I definitely don't take the joking lightly. I really hope he gets better! xx
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:04 AM   #14 
Leopardfire

I'm really sorry about your fish! I don't have any advice, but I really hope he gets better. It's terrible that someone would be so mean to him.
Leopardfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 05:05 AM   #15 
Butterfly

I'm so sorry that happened to dede. if that was my fish...LAWSUIT. Willful animal abuse is not okay. Make sure he doesn't turn into a killer. Sick, sick person. I'd give him a call.

Do you have stress coat in the water? Make sure ammonia, etc. stays at 0ppm, and add some stress coat and just keep him comfortable. Bettas are hardy creatures. Make sure he eats. He's probably really disoriented. Give him time to rest. I wouldn't shine any lights on him because he might be sensitive? If he won't eat pellets/freeze dried, get him live food.

poor baby :( Best of luck.
Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:17 AM   #16 
AyalaCookiejar

^ I would want to do the same, but unfortunately no one would take us seriously if we filed a lawsuit against someone for betta fish abuse ://
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #17 
sandybottom
Reference Team

sorry,that is hard. too bad we don't come preprogrammed to have intellegence and compassion. parties are a no-no at my house. i too had a party once. the next morning i found cigarette butts in my tank of veiltail koi. i had them for 12 years before they were murdered. i could'nt do anything to help them.
sandybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:25 AM   #18 
Little Leaf

Location: In the wilderness! and my house sometimes. IT'S AWESOME, RIGHT?! *Wolf howl*
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinitakin View Post
Well, to swim spasmodically would be so swim in little fits or jerks. Like if a person were to have a spasm.
yea, he does that sometimes.... SOMETIMES
Old 12-02-2012, 10:30 AM   #19 
Little Leaf

Dec. 2nd- 1 day after getting my fish banged up, My real B-day.

mmm... I'm worried he won't make it, he keeps laying down and breathing somewhat heavily... he only comes up for air and food. this is not a good b-day present...

EDIT: great, now my dad put in the filter! Really? T_T

Last edited by Little Leaf; 12-02-2012 at 10:32 AM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 12-02-2012, 10:38 AM   #20 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

For a king 5 gallons is too small. I would have killed your friend. Then turn them to Salmon food. IAL and Aquarium salt will help prevent infection. Sorry about your Betta. Live food might help too.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta injury, cruelty to betta!, help!!!, injury, letargic, not looking too good, poor king dedede