Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-11-2012, 10:59 AM   #1 
lvandert

I'm alive! lol

Wow its been a long time since I've posted on here. I've been so busy with everything that I've barely had time for anything! I've been busting my butt for school, and in the end I hope to come out with 2 A's and 3 C's. I was busting my butt at my crappy food service job. Some new people came into power and started screwing with the rules. Then when I was following the rules put in place by the head supervisor I got punished and yelled at. Needless to say I quit, if I'm going to get in trouble for following the rules I'm out. I hope to get in at the book store on campus. They are much nicer to work for and give people appropriate raises when you work hard enough.

As for the pets and fishies some things have changed.
I only have the one betta and he's got a heated 10 gallon to himself. He's still a little guy (one baby from my last breeding) but I'm excited to see him grow.
Unfortunately something happened to my snake while I was away. I came home and found him dead, from what looked to be a broken back and possibly something internal. I was a bit confused because there isn't anything that can hurt him in the cage. He can't even fall from a height more than 6 inches. So we gave him a little burial out back. I wont be getting another snake anytime soon so the tank has been cleaned and put into storage.
My 55 gallon is still going strong, other than my tiger barbs have died out. Everyone else in the tank is fine, down to the snail and neon tetras.
Spike is doing great. She's as feisty as ever. With school consuming most of my time she had no problem letting us know we were neglecting to spend all of our time with her lol. She would dive bomb out heads, but now school is winding down so she's back to being happy.
Rummy is being a rummy. He is such a goofball. We've hit puberty and occasionally think your hand is a cute female rabbit, but that's slowed down a bit now. He's a big cuddle bug and will snuggle right up to your chin while you scratch him. Potty training seems to be back on track (once puberty hit he wanted to mark everything) although his old treats just don't cut it anymore. I think its time to make some new ones. We've discovered life outside the pen, and now when we escape we run right for the kitchen lol. We've experienced our first snow (I'll attach pictures) and have gotten invites over to our friends houses to "come over and play when ever he feels like it" lol. He has a photo shoot with a photographer this sunday. She wanted pictures of a non white, rabbit, with papers, so who was I to say no? So for 10 bucks we're getting a professional hour shoot. I see christmas cards :)

I'm hoping to start browsing the site again on a normal basis and help people out. See ya around!!
Attached Images

lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 01:30 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Cool Rabbit leash.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #3 
DiiQue

Welcome back! I missed the bunny!! :)
DiiQue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 03:13 AM   #4 
Tikibirds

That is a big bunny. There was a wild one hanging out around here but I haven't seen it in a month or so.

I wish I could put my chinchilla on a leash like that.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:38 AM   #5 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I wish I could put a Leash on my Betta and guide it through tropical waters.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:42 AM   #6 
djembekah

OH MY GOODNESS sweet baby boy is so BIG! I can't believe i haven't been keeping track of his growth on Facebook! Glad you're doing well girl!
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:43 AM   #7 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

How does your Rabbit act?
Old 12-12-2012, 08:29 AM   #8 
lvandert

thanks everyone.
@choclate He acts like a normal bunny just with a few quirks. He sleeps when we sleep and is up playing around when we're up. He's more like a hyper dog than a bunny though. He's starting to recognize his name and he knows if you pat the couch to come on up, but boy will he run all over you. We take him outside so he can really run, and out there he's more cautious, but he's never out there alone.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #9 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Wow he sounds like a great bunny. How old is he?
Old 12-12-2012, 03:10 PM   #10 
lvandert

He just turned 6 months.