Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-24-2008, 04:22 PM   #11 
Falina

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Candlesticks
Oh ok I understand. I didn't realize you were confused, sorry. Just out of Curiousity... Could you keep a Betta with an Oscar? Sorry to hijack the thread....

Glad to hear your betta is doing better!

Tony
In short, no. The oscar would almost definitely eat the betta, and harass it etc.
Falina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 05:31 PM   #12 
LoveBetta1976

I dont mind it being hijacked lol It was a good question
What can you put with a betta? I weould love to get 1 more fish, I dont want to get too many fish and croud my tank but I would love to buy one more fish so he isnt lonely.I mainly bought the blood worms because I noticed, every time when I feed him the pellets, he would just spit them out as soon as he put them in his mouth, and same way with the flakes. I am kinda thinking the pet store only fed him the blood worms because that is all it will eat, after I fed him the blood worms he kept it all down.He was very hungry, he came up to the top and greeted me wanting food.So I believe, I will only be feeding him the blood worms since it is the only thing I can get him to eat.
LoveBetta1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:02 PM   #13 
SST

Feeding him only bloodworms is like feeding him only donuts. Yummy but not nutritionally sound. And it can cause bloat and constipation. Not so fun.

Keep working with him with the pellets. You may have to try a few brands.
SST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 06:48 PM   #14 
Falina

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveBetta1976
I dont mind it being hijacked lol It was a good question
What can you put with a betta? I weould love to get 1 more fish, I dont want to get too many fish and croud my tank but I would love to buy one more fish so he isnt lonely.I mainly bought the blood worms because I noticed, every time when I feed him the pellets, he would just spit them out as soon as he put them in his mouth, and same way with the flakes. I am kinda thinking the pet store only fed him the blood worms because that is all it will eat, after I fed him the blood worms he kept it all down.He was very hungry, he came up to the top and greeted me wanting food.So I believe, I will only be feeding him the blood worms since it is the only thing I can get him to eat.
I'd suggest a snail or some shrimp. 5g is a perfect size for a betta alone and i wouldn't recommend keeping more fish in there. bettas are solitary fish and don't get lonely, so you don't need to worry aboutt hat.
Falina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:59 AM   #15 
southafrica1001

sorry falina :(
LoveBetta1976 how is oscar feeling? hope his eating
southafrica1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:44 AM   #16 
LoveBetta1976

He is doing good, and eating. Finally, but, he will only eat the bloodworms.
I had bought him three different types of food for him prior to the blood worms, Including the Bio Gold pellets,and he wont eat any of the other stuff.
Of all the Bettas mine has to be the very picky eater lol
But I am just happy and tickled that he is finally eating something, even if it isnt that healthy for hiim I just couldnt sit there and see him not eat his food.
Old 02-25-2008, 02:16 PM   #17 
puff

Hey ,
My Betta, Bertie was a li'l sluggish, when I got him at first, but a Water heater, Thermometer and 2 plastic plants later - he seems to have picked up!

Another thing I noticed was that, Bertie loves to swim around and has a larger appetite, if I place a lamp/ candle next to him.So I got one of those small Lamps and Bertie's loving it. He also likes his pellets pre-soaked in water ( I scoop out some tank water to soak the pellets).

As I write this, Bertie's happily blowing his bubble-nest. :D
puff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 04:03 PM   #18 
LoveBetta1976

Mine is blowing the nest as well :D