Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #1 
Jiirim

Azul-- New Betta <3

A friend of mine wanted to adopt a betta a couple of weeks ago and, since I own a ton of them, she asked me if I would help her research and then pick out the fish. So, during my adventure with her and helping her pick out her fish, I stumbled on this guy.

He was a veiltail shoved in the very bottom/back shelf. At first I thought he was grey because his color was so light he looked sickly but when I picked him up to look at him he was a very faint blue and pink. I ended up walking around the store with him and, after finding out the store was having a half off sale on fish, got this guy for two bucks. I figured I could nurse him back to health and see if I could provide him with a comfy home.

Now, two weeks later, he looks like this:

His body turned deep purple and his fins are blue-green with pink on the bottom fin and ventrals. He also has silver scales on his face and gills. <3

He is also the biggest show off. When you feed him, he goes into "attack mode" and leaps out of the water to chomp on his pellets. Once all of the food is consumed, he puffs himself up and parades around his tank like he's the best fish out there.

He is currently living in a one gallon. I'm in the process of moving out of my dorm right now, so all of my fish tanks are at home. He'll be moving into a divided 10 gallon fairly soon.
Jiirim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:02 PM   #2 
Eggbert

Azul is a looker for sure! I'm sure he's very grateful for you. =]
Eggbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:10 PM   #3 
Jiirim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggbert View Post
Azul is a looker for sure! I'm sure he's very grateful for you. =]
Every time I take another look at him his coloration is different. I love it! I wish I had a better camera, these photos really don't do justice.
He's such a little porker; can't get enough of those pellets. He even stares at me and then looks up at the surface as if asking "More please?"
Jiirim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #4 
Syriiven

He sounds like such a character! Congrats on the find ^^
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote