Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-04-2012, 06:36 PM   #11 
Option

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVGail228 View Post
Thanks. Yes, he was from Aquabid. The breeder uses the name Interbettas on Aquabid. His real name is Sanya Ponpal and every betta I have ever bought from him currently as well as 6 years ago have been beautiful as well as healthy.
Is he sending them straight over from Thailand? Or is he a US breeder?
Option is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:42 PM   #12 
Perry the platypus

He is so beautiful! RIP Troy Donohue... We have to honor him.
Perry the platypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:50 AM   #13 
NVGail228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Option View Post
Is he sending them straight over from Thailand? Or is he a US breeder?
He's a breeder in Thailand and the betta get shipped to a transhipper and then to me. I'm relatively near one of the transhippers so they travel fast and well. Just have to acclimate them and keep them in relative dark for awhile since they've been in the dark for several days. I figure that the only additional cost is a small amount for handling to the transhipper and an additional $5 to get the betta from Thailand to here. I've bought betta from both US breeders as well as those from Thailand and this is the first death I've ever had...and it has nothing to do with the shipping...just my stupid mistake. Oh....one other note for the Thai betta....they don't recognize pellets or flakes as food so you need to work with them on it. My other new boy (Ft Knox Al) has gotten used to eating pellets now so he can also start getting the occasional freeze-dried blood worm treat. I'd love to be able to give them frozen blood worms but they don't do well since it takes me anywhere from 3-8 hours (depending on what city I go to) to get them back into a freezer. I've discovered that defrosted and refrozen blood worms are pretty nasty for both me and the boys.
NVGail228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 12:55 AM   #14 
NVGail228

I will, I'm sure, find another baby to love at some point (after all I have an empty 3g and 10g tank)...but, unfortunately, my car has decided it wants to eat 4 new tires plus a new spare so any more new babies are gonna have to wait since I'm not even sure I could come up with the $$ for shipping an adoption.
NVGail228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #15 
Butterfly

Aww I'm sorry :( Don't feel guilty, it happens. What a looker, so pretty!

I'm sorry for your loss <3
Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote