Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #21 
sandybottom
Reference Team

mine don't eat.....red tiger lotus,java fern, anubius,amazon sword,onion plant, and apongeton crispus. they nibble at my anacharis,but it grows so fast you don't notice.keeping plants in pots helps to keep them from digging them up. however my two orandas are quite young yet. we'll see if their distructive nature comes out as they mature.
sandybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:10 PM   #22 
RoMay

LOL I should send you a picture of the Java Fern now. He hasn't tore anything up today -knock on wood- wonder what he's been up to.
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:24 PM   #23 
sandybottom
Reference Team

ive him some veggies. they love peas-no skins, blanched romaine,watermelon,garlic,cooked red peppers-no skin,broccoli,chard,zucchini,cucumbers... honestly the list goes on.i'd feed mine beets if it wouldn't turn them purple. these things need to be bite size obviously. new life science is my pellet food of choice as the ingredients contain 14 fruits and vegetables along with b12,niacin,folic acid and a bunch of other good stuff. your minnows would benefit also. it is a bit spendy at about 10$ for5.3 oz (150g) but very worth it.imo. they gettin along better?
Old 12-07-2012, 09:23 PM   #24 
RoMay

I think they developed a system. The minnows dig in the gravel and the goldfish waits for anything to float up. There's been some territorial disputes since it still doesn't under stand personal space, but I think things might be ironing out. Just keep up on plants to keep the goldfish from getting bored.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #25 
sandybottom
Reference Team

possibly some more plants. even silk plants would help break up the line of sight and give them a little privacy from the"oaf" in your tank.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:57 PM   #26 
sandybottom
Reference Team

anubius should work for sure. it's used in chiclid tanks. and they devour plants. good, i'm glad they are getting along together, well better anyway.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:55 AM   #27 
RoMay

I was looking at before and after pictures of the goldfish... Goldfish do make drastic changes in tanks. Waiting for christmas to set in to get some plants. So glad I put the Japanese moss ball in with the betta or otherwise I'd really have to filet a fish.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:03 PM   #28 
RoMay

Is it gone yet?

Joking aside, I mentioned earlier he has a few scales missing from his misadventures how long do they take to grow back. I'd try to take a picture but he's very skiddish.

Last edited by RoMay; 12-08-2012 at 12:08 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:58 PM   #29 
sandybottom
Reference Team

a couple of months for the missing scales. they may be a different size,color, or slightly different shape. sometimes they come in clear.i think this is more common in white or light colored fish. btw. adorable pic. it reminds me of when i'm trying to avoid the creepy neighbor. seems like he is always outside waiting for me.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:22 PM   #30 
RoMay

I would like to post and update on the goldfish. His name has been changed to Decade due to a joke only a certian fandom would get. At least I can now laugh at him when he screws things up. But him and Fourze (minnow) defently had me giggling this morning; see link below.

http://youtu.be/hKjPZQd38Gw

As for Decade he's become more stream lined. You can kinda see on his sides two little curves in his body that is where his scales are missing. HE went to swimming around in a bowl with no current to current and no round walls. Ceritanly a vast change in goldfish looks.