Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-18-2012, 09:02 PM   #1 
madmonahan

Unhappy Guilty

I feel so guilty because i'v kinda....sorta.....lost intrest in my girls :( when I first got them and set up my sorority I was VERY exited! But now im kinda like, I don't know, I'm just not so interested. I feel so bad because it's like I don't want to loose it.....I just know deep down I feel that way. I don't want to give them away because I don't think ANYONE of my friends are worthy of taking good care of them. I didn't know if I would post this thread because I don't want someone to say anything mean but....I just feel so BAD!!.....HELP??!!
madmonahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:08 PM   #2 
sunstar93

I think most people feel like that at one point or another. I sometimes look at my tank thinking what did I get myself into...but then I watch my cories chase each other and poke at my betta and it makes me feel better lol. Maybe keep up your sorority and when they pass on, maybe consider waiting before getting another betta? (Know that you are not alone!)
sunstar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:19 PM   #3 
madmonahan

Thank you, I'm saying i'v lost intrest in my GIRLS I don't know why I just have.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #4 
registereduser

sell them/rehome them here on the forum. Most here are still interested.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:39 PM   #5 
Shirleythebetta

I feel like that sometimes too. Most of my males are old and aging out right now except Ted :3 and I am going to let them cut down naturally but I won't cut back on attention and care. I think the main problem I am having is college is getting in the way and making it hard to maintain nine tanks. I have cut down my tanks to nine from I think thirteen. It gets to much and I have to back off of my obsession. Just take care of them and don't let the cleaning slip because it isn't fair to them. I know people on this site can be harsh at times but it's only because they are passionate. You do have support because a lot of people feel this way. It's like this from any hobby. I bounce all the time between reading, knitting, crocheting, needlepoint, drawing... Just remember that with some hobbies you have a life to take care of. Do your best in a couple of weeks it may pass.

Last edited by Shirleythebetta; 10-18-2012 at 09:46 PM.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:51 PM   #6 
ao
TFK Moderator

focus on another aspect of the tank. truth to be told, if I didnt have a planted tank to prine and have fun with... I wouldnt be interested in the fish at all...
you need to obsess over something. be the scaping the tank, removibg things, adding things.... etc etc.
ao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #7 
Friendlyfishies

I have lots of animals, horses, goats, geese, chickens, bunnies, cats, a lizard and now a bunch of fish...sometimes I think about how easy my life would be without them! but then again I think of the good times id miss. Right now im doing 50% water changes daily on 3 tanks plus water changes 2x a week on my 5g plakat tank and 1x weekly on my guppies...and then farm work, real work $, have a relationship and help my parents..its way over whelming. When I think about having to do all my water changes in the AM before cleaning the barn I kind of regret getting myself into all of this..but then they do such silly things I cant help but smile...they really make me laugh and love the attention they get from me...im exhausted but in the end its worth it. Im making their lives better. But I def know how you feel!
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:23 PM   #8 
ao
TFK Moderator

oh goodness no. I HATE water changes. lololol HATE HaTE HATE.... :/ but I still have to do them. sigh.
ao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:59 PM   #9 
madmonahan

To tell tou the truth I kinda like water changes =p it keeps my mind off things, and of course I'm going to keep taking care of them i still love them.:) thank you everyone for your support ;)
Old 10-19-2012, 04:31 PM   #10 
Shirleythebetta

It does help on a stressful day to focus on them. You always have our support because it's understandable! Best of luck with your babies.
Shirleythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote