Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #1 
ILLBETHEJUDGE

Why was my thread about bettas fighting removed? Please read first.

I started a thread titled how can we stop this with a link to a YouTube video and a comment saying that it made me angry to see that kind of stuff.
I wanted to find a way to stop betta fighting, not to promote it.
I don't understand why the thread was removed?
What can i do to have it put back?

Last edited by ILLBETHEJUDGE; 01-09-2013 at 05:56 PM.
ILLBETHEJUDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:57 PM   #2 
majesticstorm

There's a sticky in this section of the forum telling you not to post videos of them, even if it is to makes others more aware that these things are happening. It's against the forum rules.

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=74279
majesticstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 07:19 PM   #3 
Myates

As mentioned, it's against the rules.. we all know betta fighting exists, and we know there are plenty of videos out there. But rather not have people click on it not fully aware of what they are about to see.. which can be disturbing to them. It's sort of like posting videos of dog fights - not something pleasant to watch.

If you want to educate, then look up some studies or find research on it, etc and we can all discuss :) It's a past time in many countries to fight them, so there is information out there on it. Just don't need to promote the fighting by giving the people who made the video publicity.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 08:05 PM   #4 
BettaBaited

Agreed. As much as we would like to erradicate fighting .... well, I will never watch a video of it. I've seen pictures, and they were bad enough!! :(
BettaBaited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #5 
ILLBETHEJUDGE

I think you guys are getting it all wrong i wasn't trying to promote the video i was trying to get opinions on how to at least try and stop betta fighting.
It is really nice to know that we all try and do our best to take care of bettas but what about the rest that are being mistreated?
I would not be a responsible owner and betta lover if i stayed quiet and didn't do anything about it.
Removing the video only mask the ugly truth and wont show people how bad betta fighting is, is not the same just telling people i got in a horrible fight and i got injured than showing them a video. A picture speak louder than a thousand words a video is better.
ILLBETHEJUDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #6 
Rosso1011

These issues can be debated without the use of links to videos. As mentioned above, we know that there are tons of videos out there promoting Betta fighting. Most of here at BettaFish are aware of this disturbing issue and find our own ways to try to discourage this sort of thing from happening.

There will always be people out there that do these sorts of things. If you want to help stop Betta fights, you can ask the forum on how to help discourage the fights, then take it up with people who are actually promoting the fights.
Rosso1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:27 PM   #7 
Myates

You will never stop betta fighting.. it's very very very common overseas - they just simply go out to their back yard, catch some bettas, then sit around together chatting and fighting the fish. How can that be stopped? It's going to be out there, a lot of people see fish as .. well .. as fish and are for entertainment/decoration. It's sad, but there is no way to regulate betta fighting.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:19 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

I know you weren't promoting it but we don't allow videos like that to be posted because they are upsetting to people. I won't ever look at videos like that.
You can still discuss it.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 01-10-2013 at 04:28 PM.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:37 PM   #9 
homegrown terror

because youtube doesn't know if you're happy or angry when you view it, it just logs the view and makes the video more popular on the site.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #10 
asukabetta

I have a video of a breeder tossing in 2012's merchandise-- over 100 bettas in 1 tupperware and watching them die.... I never dared upload it nor will I show it. It is wretched...
asukabetta is offline   Reply With Quote