Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #21 
Sena Hansler

Not bad so far ^_^ Your fishy will definitely enjoy it!
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 06:10 PM   #22 
yyankeeyankeefan

ty
yyankeeyankeefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:23 PM   #23 
yyankeeyankeefan

so update on patchy. i have added new plants to his tank. he seems to be enjoying the green. also added ghost shrimp to help clean up any extra food that may find it's way down there. i will be changing the color of his background as he can now see himself with such a dark blue background behind the glass. he is not the friendly type lets just say. lol. will be interesting to see what he does with these shrimp. my other two boys don't seem to mind and with all the plants i am hoping that it will not be a prob. but i can always move them if they prove to be stressful to him. i am thinking of getting a nice pale color background maybe a blue or purple. something to offset his amazing colors and pattern. also noticed he is liking the water sprite to kind of rest on. so i think that will be his sleeping spot. he has always favored that side. the store was out of the bulbs that i use so i have to wait til next week (hopefully) to get more. oh well. he doesn't seem to mind i am also thinking that he can only see himself on the side that the light is off. because that is where he likes to spend his time. we shall see.
Attached Images

Old 12-09-2012, 09:20 AM   #24 
Sena Hansler

That is a very nice tank! If my community tank plants keep growing all my tanks will have forests of plants
Old 12-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #25 
yyankeeyankeefan

nice hope they all take off.
Old 12-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #26 
yyankeeyankeefan

oh no!

i wake up today and find patchy on the bottom of the tank...... and kind of at a weird angle something that never has happened. in one of his eyes it looks like he has gone blind. it's hazed over but not really popped out or anything. but a lot of his fins are eaten up. it's very weird. yesterday he was fine, acting normal and then less then 12 hours later it's crazy.
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2012, 06:42 PM   #27 
Sena Hansler

Have you added any additives to the water in the tank other than perhaps the water conditioner? Is there an odd smell to the conditioner? Is it a new conditioner? o_o That is odd. Looks like an infection to be honest, the fins could have been from tailbiting (stress) but hard to tell with those pictures.

What are the levels in the water?

Is there any new decor in the tank that may be leaching? Rock, plant, etc?
Old 12-15-2012, 02:11 AM   #28 
yyankeeyankeefan

nothing that would cause this. all the plants came from either sterial packaging and were washed/rinsed prior to putting into the tank or came from my own personal tanks. i added salt, but sadly he died. it was litterally less then 24 hours. he showed NO symptoms of being ill at all. the container was only used because he was unable to swim to the top of the 10 gallon tank. so i moved him there so he could breath easier. but again it was to late. and the container is ONLY used for fish. but now will need to be tossed out.
Old 12-15-2012, 08:00 AM   #29 
Sena Hansler

On wow! That is every odd. Nothing else hey? :/ is the heater possibly leaching maybe??

Sorry you lost your betta :(
Old 12-15-2012, 10:45 AM   #30 
yyankeeyankeefan

no it's not. i have checked that, and i have looked at the filter...... it's super weird. because i did do the same thing with all my fish and patchy is the only one who has died. i cried for an hour :( and i STILL want to cry.