Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-03-2012, 05:09 PM   #1 
Hopeseeker

Question Would this work for live plants?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER
I'm kinda tired of the constant buzzing from my current florescent light that came with the 15 gallon tank. I would also love to switch to led lighting, only if it would be great with live plants. If I got this, I would be purchasing the 2 extra led lights that this hood can hold, so maximum brightness would happen. I even tried googling it and came up with nothing about how well it truly works with live plants. Can anyone help with the question that I have?
Hopeseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 05:25 PM   #2 
babystarz

Without any information on the bulbs it's hard to say. For crazy good plant growth I use T5 bulbs like these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/T5-Dual-20-6...item43b1b0b833

The bump in price to 24" isn't worth it and they're so powerful that the plants out in those extra 4" will still benefit from them. The prices are so good from this seller because he buys slightly dinged up or upside down ones wholesale. They work perfectly fine.

Last edited by babystarz; 12-03-2012 at 05:29 PM.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote