Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-03-2012, 07:08 PM   #1 
Fisherman J

My 4 bettas

Well, i apologize for the quality. still cant find my camera so i used my phone. But I have a female crowntail(smallest betta) female veiltail (bright red fins, also the female i breed with the king) male delta tail(the camera doesnt do this beautiful guy justice) and then the betta that got me started into bettas again, my king betta! He is a whooping 3.25" BO! So, what do you all think? oh and this is only the start, Im building a tank (hopefully will be a sorority) and getting 2 5 gallons from walmart for my bday. sooo, my addiction is being fed quite well!
Attached Images

Fisherman J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:25 PM   #2 
LeoTheLakerBetta

Wow all beauties! I love your Delta tail male especially
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:29 PM   #3 
hannah16

Third photo is my fav =]
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:32 PM   #4 
Fisherman J

I went to petco to get another female betta, but ended up coming back with the female crowntail and the male delta. I'm thinking of breeding the two once the female gets bigger, what do you guys and gals think?:)
Old 12-03-2012, 07:38 PM   #5 
LeoTheLakerBetta

I'm no pro at breeding but I have looked over the whole prospect of it.. Anyways, there is a small debate on this forum in which some people disagree with breeding petstore bettas. I'm not too sure on the reason, but for the most part I think it is because you do not know of their genetic background and you might end up having to cull a lot of your spawn. If you post in the breedig section you would probably get a better answer than mine lol.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:45 PM   #6 
Fisherman J

Thats what i have heard to, but i lack the fund to order high quality bettas online, and there are no breeders anywhere close so I'm going to try and get breeding stock a few generations down. Thats the plan anyway haha
Old 12-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #7 
LeoTheLakerBetta

Lol well good luck
Old 12-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #8 
Fisherman J

Could anyone here tell me the names of the color patterns on my babies? haha
Old 12-06-2012, 08:24 PM   #9 
Fisherman J

I juss stopped at petsmart and bought 2 females (the pure red and pure blue one) and then to walmart to get the 3rd female. Her colors dont show up that well but she has a dark blue body, light blue base at the fins and fringed with red. She also seems to be a crowntail, she is still rather small so she will have to color up some! They are in temporary tanks for right now while the 20 gallon long tank cycles, and i plan on getting a few more as well! So, what do you think?!
Old 12-06-2012, 08:26 PM   #10 
Fisherman J

forgot the pictures :3
Attached Images