Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-28-2012, 03:54 PM   #11 
meganlbetta

Ya we did but its currently down :( Orions a nice line too, Dont they have a nice line of appys? I hear ya, ours are all in the pasture too, I plan on training my 3 year old gelding for the buggy this summer though.

We do our local parades with them too. I dressed Spirit up as a rock star, I spiked his mane, sparkled his tail and got a leather jacket over his back with the sleeves pinned together around his neck. I also got a cardboard star and took red hairspray and sprayed around it to leave imprints lol :)
meganlbetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 03:55 PM   #12 
meganlbetta

Oh My Goodness!!!!! I just clinked on your site and those images at the beginning are breathtaking!! Is that you driving? I remember seeing that same person in the magazines!

I love those photos.
Old 12-28-2012, 03:59 PM   #13 
meganlbetta

I noticed your one stallion has Komokos in it. Our mare has Komokos Little King Supreme in her and her mother too
Old 12-28-2012, 04:14 PM   #14 
NeptunesMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by meganlbetta View Post
Oh My Goodness!!!!! I just clinked on your site and those images at the beginning are breathtaking!! Is that you driving? I remember seeing that same person in the magazines!

I love those photos.
Thanks. That is Tammi Jay, an Arabian trainer friend of ours. She decided to train Miniatures for a few years and opened Aces Miniatures Southwest. She ended up going back to the Arabians after a few years. She had several of our horses during that time though. She did not really have the time or facility to do both. I am the blonde in most of the show pictures. The other blonde is my mom (I think she's in a few show pics too).

We used to advertise really heavily in the World and Journal. But, we have stopped since we are not really breeding or selling anymore. It's too expensive just to do it.

When your site it up you should send me a link. I LOVE looking at horsie websites. It's fun to see what people are up to with their horses. I have always wanted to do a parade, but my mom won't let me. My horses are all way too hot for that. That's why they win (when they don't take off on me ), but it makes it hard to do anything fun outside the ring with them.

Komokos Little King Supreme was a BEAUTIFUL stallion. I liked him better than Buckeroo. Far more correct, just not as fancy. He produced some beautiful mares, and they produced some beautiful foals. If you like the Little King lines, and are looking to add to your herd, you should right now (if you can). Little King is selling most everything. I hear Robin is dealing, and I have heard of them selling horses for WAY less than in the past.

Last edited by NeptunesMom; 12-28-2012 at 04:18 PM.
NeptunesMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:03 PM   #15 
meganlbetta

Really i didnt know they do really well when they are hot. we have one hot mare and the only reason is she was born the first year we had minis and my brother was born. I would but we are in Canada and not adding anymore to our herd. I always handled our foals since birth and now the last foal we had is my baby. 3 year old silver dun. I actually want him to be my ring barrer for our wedding lol.
Old 01-01-2013, 12:38 PM   #16 
finnfinnfriend

My brother has two ducks, two pot bellied pigs, and a lamb...They are probably gonna eat the pigs though :...(
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:52 PM   #17 
meganlbetta

For being potbellies they arent really meant to be meat animals because of their build but maybe some people do :( I want a pet pig :)
Old 01-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #18 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
For being potbellies they arent really meant to be meat animals because of their build but maybe some people do :( I want a pet pig :)
That's what I said...But he has a humane method for slaughter and everything so whatevs...I just hope he doesn't try and get me to eat it...

My mom said that he told her that in other countries they eat potbellies so idk lol...
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #19 
NeptunesMom

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
That's what I said...But he has a humane method for slaughter and everything so whatevs...I just hope he doesn't try and get me to eat it...

My mom said that he told her that in other countries they eat potbellies so idk lol...
Potbellied pigs were originally bred in some countries for meat purposes. BUT, they are not really eaten here in the US because we tend to view them as a pet. They are actually smarter than a dog, and have a wide range of human like emotions. But in fact, all pigs do have a wide range of emotions and are incredibly intelligent. It all comes down to whether people consider something a pet or food. Its so much easier to be a vegetarian, then you are never conflicted about whether something is a pet or food.
Old 01-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #20 
NeptunesMom

Quote:
Really i didnt know they do really well when they are hot. we have one hot mare and the only reason is she was born the first year we had minis and my brother was born. I would but we are in Canada and not adding anymore to our herd. I always handled our foals since birth and now the last foal we had is my baby. 3 year old silver dun. I actually want him to be my ring barrer for our wedding lol.
You want a hot horse for country, pleasure, park and roadster. You want a calm for horse western and classic. When they come in hot you get motion, speed and power. In most other breeds they choose hot horses, and then they scare them as they go into the ring. They chase them with whips, plastic bags and fire extinguishers. In Saddlebreds they cross the line (in my opinion) sometimes because people have been known to temporary blind their horses with blacked out contacts.

The same goes for halter, a scared or hot horse will set up better than a calm horse. They will rock back onto their body (so they do not lean), they will give you ears and watch you (because they are trying to figure out what you are doing), and they will give neck (they will reach for something because they are trying to determine if it's scary or not).

That would be SO cute. I have seen people use minis to pull the bride or the bride and groom, but I have never seen one as part of the wedding party. Are you going to dress him in a suit or anything like that?