Betta Fish Forum banner

can someone tell what type of betta is this based on fin and colouration

4K views 22 replies 10 participants last post by  MattsBettas 
#1 ·
#2 ·
He looks like a VT. It'd be nice to see him flaring.

#7 ·
Veil is the correct word, as in "Bridal Veil"
Vail means to lower, descend; to make a gesture (typically tip of a hat) of respect/deference/submission.

No disrespect, but I have to point that out every time, because there are several streets in my neighborhood that are incorrectly spelled/worded and Vail is one of the mistakes. It bothers me to this day, a year and a half later.

#11 ·
Doesn't look sick to me. Let him bounce back from just recovering from ick. Sometimes they just need that med-and-stress-free time to feel 100% again.

#13 ·
I have owned bettas since I was about 13/14, and have started breeding since I was 17 with minimal luck (culling a spawn due to an unseen genetic disease that hit the father, ex stranding me away from home, etc -what luck-), and now (19 years old) have had a successful spawn of over 200, plus have everything lined up for the fry ;)

I have learned so much on here from so many members... OldFishLady, Myates, Mr. Vampire, Indjo, etc (too many names to mention xD)

I actually came here from Yahoo Answers due to an awesome member on this forum (Anhel) and so far it has been 100% better than Y.A. Here we try our hardest not to judge, and we work with what you have while still giving tips and tricks to have your betta live his/her longest and healthiest life possible while keeping it simple and easy for you!

#14 ·
oh 200+ thats good..... Im 17 now n got my 1st betta as a gift (actually the gift was for my sister) but im taking care of it... And what you said about this place is true because I read stuff and realised I could give my betta a better life with my limited means because I don't have the place to keep a huge aquarium so I'm raising it in a bowl and here in india heaters are available for only 10gallon tanks and also I read that bowl heaters aren't advised as they could cook my fish so do you have any suggestions on how to do without a heater as winter is setting in here

#15 ·
It looks like he's in a vase. Does he have a heater?

#16 ·
Well, are those heaters at all adjustable? What are the wattages on those heaters?

Are you unable to get a larger tank due to space, or money? Are you able to find perhaps a 5 gallon (if the heaters are adjustable, or may work for 5-10 gallons that would be the best bet).

What is the temperature like usually in India? We'll find something that works for you :)

#17 ·
Those heaters are adjustable but I don't know the wattages ill let you know by tomorrow.plus neither do I have space not money though I can by the tank by next month. I don't usually save my pocket money you see.

The temperature is well within 76 - 86 F (india is a tropical country you see)but dec, jan, feb get a bit chilly by the end of this month the temperature should be 8- 10 °C .Please help me out

#18 ·
Hmm ok :) Since the heaters are adjustable, depending on the wattage it can still work for smaller tanks (to a point).

#22 ·
And there's "vale", a small valley! I'll bet breeders will have vail tails and vale tales as well as veil tales... they're going to start running out of names with all these types of fins.
HE is a BEAUTIFUL FISH!!! A great gift!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.