Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-04-2012, 09:30 AM   #1 
Nicnivin

Newbie with cloudy tank

Hi all, newbie here with newbie question looking for advice please. Mind you the info that I had to work with was from a pet store so I am doing my best to keep my Betta healthy and happy.

I have the Aqueon Evolve 4 with a mini heater. The tank had been set up for about 3 weeks, during that time I did 25% water changes once a week. I had my water tested right after I found this forum and did a ton of reading. My tank had very bad ammonia levels. So as soon as I got home I did a complete water change added 2 live plants and a moss ball and started using test strips on my water daily. Now Every thing looks "safe" according to the strip, two days ago I purchased an API ammonia test kit (couldn't afford the Master Kit) and my ammonia is at 0. I also did a 50% water change at the one week mark. The water was and still is cloudy, my Betta is active and what I would call happy, he is eating like a pig, I feed him 4-5 pellets one pellet at a time to avoid wasted food.

Is it because the tank is cycling again from start? I just don't want to make any mistakes again. Thanks in advance!

Almost forgot, I have Seachem's Stability and Prime.
Nicnivin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 10:33 AM   #2 
SinX7

I think the BB are booming again since you did do a complete water change. Give it a few days and see if it clears up.
SinX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #3 
Bigj713281

Try using bottle water I did that and it cleared up
Bigj713281 is offline   Reply With Quote