Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Planted Betta Tanks
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-16-2012, 10:58 AM   #31 
aemaki09

My anarchis is growing like a weed in my 80* water as well.
I myself wouldnt suggest pellia, its REALLY messy, i bought some by accident and HATE it. everyones preferances are different though.
Frogbit is great, grows like a weed as well in my tanks.
In my low light tanks I have -- rotala, aquatic banana, java fern, java moss, money wort, anubias nana, amazon sword, anarchis, some kind of Val, cabomba, water wisteria, water sprite, giant hornwort, morimo moss ball, and some other plants that I cant identify. They are all thriving! The rotala I might not recommend as it doesn't root very well (in my case) so some peices become un-wedged on occasion from fish swimming into it. But its a slow grower so it'd be great for a 10 gallon if you want low maintenence.
I find that my girls in the sorority tank love to rest on the banana and amazon swords. The swords would probably out grow your tank but you could always find a smaller variation.
For low light there isnt much choice in colorful ones, tiger lotus could work? I find that all the different shades of green make it colorful enough, also driftwood and other hard-scape decorations add color in as well.
I dont know anything about the substrate so I cant help you there, sorry!

Last edited by aemaki09; 12-16-2012 at 11:03 AM.
aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #32 
sandybottom
Reference Team

if you want a little height in the back go for a mini sword or apongeton crispus. the crispus will get tall and spread along the top of the tank. or some hygro corymbosa(you will have to prune eventually).the hygro adds pinks and reds.marimo work well also. your lily will fill out most of your tank. checkout the symbolism of the nymphaea nouchali (stellata). it's kind cool, about the buddah's footprints.
sandybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 11:32 AM   #33 
sandybottom
Reference Team

btw. south africa has braying jack-ass penguins.very few species of penguin live in sub-zero climates. the magenellic penguin lives off of the coast of chili in warm coastal waters. anacharis does best in water between 60-74 but can do ok in a 80 deg tank too. choclate betta was right. pertinant to the original question or not. cut some slack, if you would be so nice.
sandybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:38 PM   #34 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I have seen warm water Penguins in a Florida Zoo. The Galapoegoes is very special not just current wise.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:56 PM   #35 
isochronism

Question: What is considered the difference of low-light and high-light. Also, recommendations of each for gallons per tank?
isochronism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #36 
isochronism

I have what I would consider low light, supplied lights with tanks. Tho, my tanks on a southern exposure window sill with full sun.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:11 PM   #37 
isochronism

Just noticed my first (?) tiny snail. Must have come with my newly added large Java Fern!
Old 12-16-2012, 07:18 PM   #38 
Reefing Madness
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
I have seen warm water Penguins in a Florida Zoo. The Galapoegoes is very special not just current wise.
I suggest you drop it. I can post them and where they are from. RESEARCH. Not from Wikipedia.
Reefing Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:57 PM   #39 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I posted that visit the galapogoes thing and it's not wiki.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 08:10 PM   #40 
shadowpony

Ummm. I thought we had dropped the subject. Let's talk about plants, not pengiuns... Or debating wikipedia.
shadowpony is offline   Reply With Quote