Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #1 
Fisherman J

Bottomless Aquarium

I had heard about these before but never put much thought into it. Since I will be building an aquarium this weekend, if it turns out good I was thinking of making a tower to add to it. Anybody here have any experiance with these type of aquariums? My concern would be the water in the tower going stagnenant. How should I go about keeping the water fresh in the tower? Any advice is welcome!
Attached Images

Fisherman J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:58 PM   #2 
Chuckee

I wanna try it, but too chicken
Chuckee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:51 AM   #3 
Juicebox

i saw video on youtube of this tank and a guy showed how he did the water change,i cant find the link right now but im sure if you type in a few different names like topless aquarium and aquarium tower and such u might find it,there was some trick to emptying the water out of the tower and then filling it back up but it did not look too hard,onceu knew the trick it is just as easy to do as water changes in a regular tank, id be more concerned with the lack of a top on the bottom part of the aquarium,it would need to be some what covered to prevent jumpers
Juicebox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #4 
ollief9

I've seen videos of those tanks on youtube. They look like a good topic of conversation if guests were to visit!
ollief9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #5 
horsyqueen

I saw a video on that type of tank today. It looks like a cool idea and theres soo much you can do with it.
horsyqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:34 AM   #6 
Hallyx
Reference Team

In my opinion, that's a tank for keepers, nor for fish---at least not Betta.

Picture the poor lost fish, caught in the tower, without the sense to dive to escape it.
Hallyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:57 AM   #7 
RoMay

http://youtu.be/Z7tq4LRurMs

Basically it's this concept. I know what you're talking about. Before I ended up with fish I watched a lot of tank videos and dreamed of one day having a place to have a nice aquarium.

Here it is:

http://youtu.be/miAfNiVWjqw

I would try it but uh, if anyone has anything to say about me I am a disaster in the making I'd only make a mess. A big horrible horrible mess. Plus I'd worry about the fishies in the upper part. Though you got to admit it's probably pretty trippy for a fish.

Last edited by RoMay; 12-06-2012 at 05:10 AM.
RoMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:01 AM   #8 
Laki

I just watched a tonne of videos on those tanks. I think they look cool if the right fish are put in there. Most of the tank videos I watched were seriously overstocked. And there was one I watched with a gigantic fancy goldfish who got stuck because it couldn't figure out the tunnel.. I saw one of these with a betta before but it would be kinder to leave air at the top of the tower just in case.
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:54 PM   #9 
Fisherman J

Well tomorrow I should be getting the glass to make my 7.5 gallon cube tank, if that works then i will attempt the tower maybe next week!
Fisherman J is offline   Reply With Quote