Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 01-21-2015, 10:58 AM   #1 
MoonShadow

Moonshadow Betta Fish Rescue - Update Thread

I thought it would be easier to keep one thread going about the rescues coming in and out of the rescue instead of continuously posting new threads when a new rescue comes in!

So here is who we currently have!

Ra was rescued from Petco. He was stressed out, suffering from fin rot and severely emaciated. He has begun improving, gaining weight, and his fin rot is healed.

Gunner was rescued from Petco. He is missing the majority of his anal and tail fins. He is stressed out, has fin rot, and ammonia poisioning. He has a long road ahead of him, but he's eating and active and I am hopeful that in time he will make a full recovery.

Dash was rescued from Petco. He has chunks of fins missing, and fin rot. He is happy and active and eating well. His fin rot has cleared up and his fins are just starting to grow back.

Kristoff was rescued from Petsmart. He was emaciated, his fins were almost gone, I really thought that I was going to lose him. But he is finally starting to improve. he's eating, he's active, his fins are growing back and I anticipate that he will make a full recovery.

Juniper was rescued from a small and horrible pet store in Kingston, NY. Juniper is severely emaciated and has fin rot. I'm still not positive if Juniper is a long finned female or a young/stunted male.

Deacon was rescued from Petco. He was listless, depressed, stressed out and suffering from ammonia poisoning. He is now improving each day and just about ready for a forever home.

Tango was given to me by a lady up near Binghamton who could no longer care for him. He is a healthy old man and is going to his forever home on Friday.

Greenbean is a Petco baby betta. I believe Greenbean is a female. She has never swam properly, since the day I got her she swims tail down, and may be that way for life. There's a very good chance I will keep her, unless I can find the absolute perfect forever home for her!

Duke was rescued from Petco, he was stressed out, skinny with ammonia burns, He is now completely healed and will be going to his forever home on Monday!

Killian was purchased from Petsmart back in October, he is not a rescue, just a beautiful boy and a pet.

My girls, not rescues, just my sorority girls. Alex (white VT), Piper (Yellow VT), Martha (Multi VT), Scarlet (Red VT), Monique (Black CT), Sparkes (Green/red Plakat no picture yet)

I need to get pictures of Avery (red marble Delta) and Blake (baby betta) when I do water changes later, so I'll tell you their stories then!
MoonShadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:06 AM   #2 
Bettabubble3

I just wanted to say thank you for being such an amazing person and saving all of these fish. They look great and I can't wait to see them fully healed and in their forever homes.
Bettabubble3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 11:38 AM   #3 
ChattyFish

So many lovely fish! What a brilliant person you are to dedicate all that time to doing this for them :)
ChattyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:00 PM   #4 
Fenghuang

Beautiful little guys and girls.

But did Zero not make it?
Fenghuang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:26 PM   #5 
MoonShadow

Zero unfortunately did not make it...
Old 01-21-2015, 03:54 PM   #6 
Fenghuang

Oh, sorry. ):

I love your sorority girls. They're all so different from one another.
Fenghuang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 06:06 PM   #7 
logisticsguy

Awesome MoonShadow! Great job, I love this thread and the work you do.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 10:38 AM   #8 
MoonShadow

Awww thanks guys!! I'll be posting more pictures later!! I'm getting my fishies from Chard56 today and my fishies from Hrutan.
Old 01-22-2015, 10:44 AM   #9 
selah

thank you for doing such a wonderful work..
selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 12:24 PM   #10 
Sadist

I'm so glad you're able to rescue and foster so many! You're an amazing person.
Sadist is offline   Reply With Quote