Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-10-2014, 11:06 AM   #1 
daniella3d

My import from Thailand

Hi, I just imported many betta fish from Thailand and this is the result. The shipping was stressful on some fish and some other went through it like it was nothing.

Out of 37 fish (2 gifts) 2 ended up dead, one shortly after arrival and one of the weakest from yesterday died during the night and I found him this morning.

Some of the fish are just like the photos from Aquabid, some look much better than their photo, and one looks much worse than its photo on Aquabid.

Overall I am happy. The surviving fish are adjusting and eating. All of them have eaten this morning so that's good, I think. One white betta still is quite weak but he seem to be getting better.

Anyone know the water parameters from Thailand? I measured the salinity in the bag and it was zero, but the TDS showed up as 380ppm or so.

Here are some of the pics. They are very hard to take in photo because it's dim light for now and they move a lot. Once I get better pics of the others I will post them.

This one is my vaforite:

This big ears was a nice surprise, he's so beautiful, light pink color in his fin:

This one has nasty fin rot, so I am treating him with kanamycin because it's bloody:

and this one has a popeye, so treating him as well:

daniella3d is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:21 PM   #2 
Sena Hansler

Oh my! some seem to be taking it rough. They should heal up nicely though :) Your dumbo is the long finned version of my old HMPK dumbo LOL (pictured).

They are gorgeous! You sure got a lot of Bettas!
Attached Images

Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 12:40 PM   #3 
daniella3d

Yes they look very similar color wise.

I got too many fish, that was stupid of me. I was like a gambler not being able to stop gambling! lol!

Now I have not only to take care of them but to give them lots of attention, talk to them, make them happy and prevent them from being bored to death....lots of fun :) They are already starting to react to my presence and very excited to see me. I can't beleive how sweet and lovable bettas are!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sena Hansler View Post
Oh my! some seem to be taking it rough. They should heal up nicely though :) Your dumbo is the long finned version of my old HMPK dumbo LOL (pictured).

They are gorgeous! You sure got a lot of Bettas!
Old 04-10-2014, 12:44 PM   #4 
Sena Hansler

Haha they can be a lot of work when you have a good number of them! But I always found it rewarding... Because like you said, they are absolutely loveable.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:57 PM   #5 
TruongLN

Daniella they're stunning!!!! THAT FIRST ONE THOUGH!!!
I would love a betta that colour. I'll be getting a monster and/or fancy next time. So stunning.
TruongLN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:37 PM   #6 
daniella3d

Yes the first one is stunning. His sibling went for 269$ and I hit the ''Buy Now'' button as soon as I saw this one, did not want to risk it. I paid 45$ for him, worth every bit.

It's amazing how they change and how sometime you expect a fish to be average, and it turn out to be amazing in person. Just like my big ear. It was an impulse buy. I wanted a big ear and he was cheap (20$). He turned out to be too cute and lovable!

Here is what he looked like when I bought him, on the top photo, and the bottom is what he looks like now. Amazing how his fins have grow!

Old 04-10-2014, 05:39 PM   #7 
TruongLN

Holy cow his tail really grew!!
TruongLN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:51 PM   #8 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella3d View Post
Yes the first one is stunning. His sibling went for 269$ and I hit the ''Buy Now'' button as soon as I saw this one, did not want to risk it. I paid 45$ for him, worth every bit.

It's amazing how they change and how sometime you expect a fish to be average, and it turn out to be amazing in person. Just like my big ear. It was an impulse buy. I wanted a big ear and he was cheap (20$). He turned out to be too cute and lovable!

Here is what he looked like when I bought him, on the top photo, and the bottom is what he looks like now. Amazing how his fins have grow!

Can you get a flare picture of him at any point? Doesn't look like the same fish to me, I know fins can grow and colors can change but there are still some things that aren't consistent like the topline which rarely changes much. Also the area in which the purple butterfly band on his fins has changed where it's closer to the body, that generally doesn't happen THAT fast. Mostly what I'm looking at is the peduncle which we'll see from a flare picture if it's really that different but the AB picture has a bad peduncle where your boy actually has a nice one. Also the ears are a different size all together and pectorals grow very slowly. Looks like his caudal is more curved which shouldn't happen unless he's become an OHM now in which it will curve more or less but will go over that 180 mark.

It's still possible that it is the same fish but I haven't found many similarities, too many dissimilarities from where I'm standing. Irregardless though, he's a beautiful fish and I also love the first boy of yours! I'm glad most of them came through alive and healthy! Hopefully your sick ones will heal up quickly under your care!!!
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 06:10 PM   #9 
Sena Hansler

That could have also been a young picture, and the fish is older than expected.
Old 04-10-2014, 06:15 PM   #10 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I understand that Sena, but I know that EE pectorals don't grow THAT fast, it's only been what...a month? I know Hung only ships once a month so that's always a factor of course. His scales are different as well, much thicker in the original picture than the new one; could just be lighting but usually scales thicken up with age not thin out. I don't know, it just doesn't strike me as the same fish is all, more like a brother. Probably just me though.
lilnaugrim is online now   Reply With Quote