Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-29-2013, 01:22 PM   #161 
AyalaCookiejar

I had a pink marble CT and he had this BEAUTIFUL blue on the tip of his tail and it marbled out and then he never changed colors again, lol.

I do have my eye on another marble, though :P

Last edited by AyalaCookiejar; 05-29-2013 at 01:25 PM.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:25 PM   #162 
Shiverdam

That's really weird, Ayala! Cool, but weird!
Shiverdam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:32 PM   #163 
AyalaCookiejar

Lol, yeah. The blue made him kind of look like a marble but he didn't look like one after the blue decided to jump off. I guess that's why he didn't change colors again :p
Old 06-01-2013, 06:21 PM   #164 
BettaDew

oh wow the colors blended in nicely!
BettaDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 06:26 PM   #165 
BettaDew

Oh wow what a change! he ends up with no color?! how come?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by logisticsguy View Post
This is marble boy Finnigan and his transformation. His color *jumping gene* jumped off.

Finnigan 3 weeks

4 weeks

5 weeks

6 weeks

8 weeks

9 weeks He doesn't look happy about losing his color. I had same look when I lost my hair.

11 weeks

Old 06-01-2013, 06:34 PM   #166 
logisticsguy

Yes he remains cellophane to this day. It is whats called " marbling out". Other males in Finnigans spawn lost color as well but did different things like change color and pattern. Finny was the biggest fry in 100 and had vivid color early on. It is like his color gene over loaded. I could post some pics of his brothers transformations as well they are all different.
logisticsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:18 PM   #167 
BettaDew

Please do so i can can see it? :)

Quote:
Yes he remains cellophane to this day. It is whats called " marbling out". Other males in Finnigans spawn lost color as well but did different things like change color and pattern. Finny was the biggest fry in 100 and had vivid color early on. It is like his color gene over loaded. I could post some pics of his brothers transformations as well they are all different.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #168 
AyalaCookiejar

Quote:
Does that term only apply to bettas that lose ALL their color (turn cellophane)?

I feel like Bahari's blue was the only marbling color he had and it pretty much faded out and he never changed again. But he was still pink/red.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:49 PM   #169 
peachii

This is Marbles a bit after we got him and then up until April. April he got a mysterious bloat and no matter how we treated him, pretty sure it was internal parasites he just didn't quite recover. We cured it - we thought but after 2 weeks of getting better, he swelled back up and passed away about a week and a half ago.

But anyway these pictures show pretty well how his fins and head marbled. He was such a friendly fish, had the best personality.
Attached Images

peachii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:58 PM   #170 
Kiara1125

Here's my girl Dragonfly. She's not a marble, but she did great from when I got her at walmart. She was sitting in that cup for 2 weeks. My walmart doesn't feed their bettas or change the water. The person in charge of the fish is stupid, yet they "know everything there is to having a betta". Sure ...

She actually recently survived a gill infection. Her gills got swollen and her chin turned white. She was like that for a month and I thought that she was going to die. After a month [wasn't thinking straight for THAT long ...] I gave her an epsom salt bath. She got completely better within 3 days. Her left gill juts out a little now [scar tissue?], but she's as happy and healthy as ever. :)

At the store

2 weeks later [brought her home]

2 weeks after that [home sweet home]

Now [fin rot finally gone and her dorsal grew back]

Also, here's my blue marble HM, Daemon.

Brought him home

2 weeks later

Another 2 weeks later

6 weeks of owning him

2 months of owning him

He stayed looking like that for 4 months until his death. Unfortunately, there was a pipe break in the city. I didn't hear about it or the boil rule, and I did a water change. Only him and my female betta died. My other fish got extremely sick, but lived. SIP Daemon and Mystic. <3

Last edited by Kiara1125; 06-02-2013 at 12:02 AM.
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote