Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-07-2012, 10:56 AM   #1 
darkhorse

Exclamation Help

I fear I may have accidentally killed my sisters betta. I feel aweful.
Heres the story:
She's had this fish for about a week and I keep 3 myself. I was changing his water like I always do, and it seems that the thermometer was completely wrong! I let the tank heat up with its heater for almost an hour, and after looking at the thermometer it seemed safe to put him back in. I put him in the net and plopped him back in as usual, but he sunk to the bottom and turnded upside down! I freaked out and went to touch him to make sure he was ok, and the water was FREEZING. I put him in the water he was in before I put him in the clean tank. He started moving almost immediately, but only slightly. He never stopped breathing, but he isn't moving around too much. I have him in a shallow bowl temporarily while he recovers from shock. I'm sitting in front of him currently and he's swimming quite well. I just want to know if you think he'll make it? It's a two gallon heated bowl and everything else but the temp was perfectly normal, I checked.
Please tell me what you think. I have to go to work in a few hours and I don't want my sister to come home to a dead fish.
darkhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:13 AM   #2 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

I he is acting okay now and swimming around he should be alright just keep and eye on him till you have t leave.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:16 AM   #3 
darkhorse

Thank you so much. He's swimming around quite well, but I think he's mad at me. I can't say I blame him. I feel just awful. Poor little guy :(
darkhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:23 AM   #4 
Perseusmom
TFK Moderator

Happy to hear he is doing okay and you are very welcome ! We all make mistakes caring for fish is not easy. He will get over it dont worry.
Perseusmom is offline   Reply With Quote