Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-05-2012, 02:06 AM   #1 
SinX7

Heater for Hospital tank?

What heater do you guys recommend for a hospital tank, that can work in AQ Salt, EP Salt, and all those medicine for the betta's?

I'm going to use my Aqueon Minibow 1 gallon as a hospital tank. It comes with those small carbon filter I think.

Thanks!
SinX7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:52 AM   #2 
whatsupyall

I actually use a 10 gallon tank and heat that. Then I place the hospital jar/tank inside the 10 gallon. This way, I can house more than 1 sick betta, while keeping them warm with just 1 heater, and I don't have to worry about salt with my heater and the salt (I believe the amount of salt used for curing bettas will not hurt your heater). However, if you have a bigger tank/community tank that is heated, you can also use that, but you have to find a way to float the hospital tank inside of it. There are a few ways to do that. I use styrofoam to fit around the jars. You can even clamp it on the side so it doesn't float around or get near the filter if you have one. Hope this helped somewhat. Cheers :)
whatsupyall is offline   Reply With Quote