Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-07-2012, 10:58 PM   #1 
RedCassette

Unhappy Should I get him?

I was at Petsmart this evening and I decided to check the bettas. I'd been there the night before and had seen some really charming boys and girls so I figured I'd see if they were still there.

There's this one. A beautiful little HM boy, light blue with some turquoise/green accents. He's quite lively and healthy looking, but very small.

I really want to get him. The only problem is, I won't be getting my 10 gallon until Christmas. I do, however, have a few small (1 gallon-ish) tanks available, and I could keep him in the living room where it's heated and very warm, until the 10 gallon is available.

So, should I get him? Would it be alright to house him like that temporarily, or should I just forget about him?
RedCassette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:00 PM   #2 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCassette View Post
I was at Petsmart this evening and I decided to check the bettas. I'd been there the night before and had seen some really charming boys and girls so I figured I'd see if they were still there.

There's this one. A beautiful little HM boy, light blue with some turquoise/green accents. He's quite lively and healthy looking, but very small.

I really want to get him. The only problem is, I won't be getting my 10 gallon until Christmas. I do, however, have a few small (1 gallon-ish) tanks available, and I could keep him in the living room where it's heated and very warm, until the 10 gallon is available.

So, should I get him? Would it be alright to house him like that temporarily, or should I just forget about him?
If you can get a heater and do the proper water changes, I say go for it :)
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:00 PM   #3 
hannah16

If he really called to you, as long as the 1 gallon is heated and proper water changes, I say go for it. =] I want pictures!
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #4 
RedCassette

Just checking, how often would the 1 gallon need a water change? Everyday? Or 50% change everyday?
Old 12-07-2012, 11:30 PM   #5 
ktbrew

Old Fish Lady recommends 1-4 gallon w/out a filter is twice a week. 1 of them being 50% and the other 100%.
ktbrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:45 PM   #6 
RedCassette

Okay. Thanks very much.
I'll check this weekend. If I end up getting him, I'll put up some pictures.
Old 12-08-2012, 12:06 AM   #7 
LittleBlueFishlets

If you really like him - get him. (I'm still kicking myself for not getting this adorable little blue HM that I saw. I went back a few days later because I kept thinking about him, but he was already gone.)
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:03 AM   #8 
jsgossamer

get him. Petsmart and Petco do not do proper water changes on their bettas and if noone purchases him in a couple days, he will probably die anyway. Those places are horrible.
jsgossamer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
10 gallon, blue, halfmoon, small tank, temporary