Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-05-2012, 08:49 AM   #11 
shellieca
Reference Team

Those teachers didn't teach a very good lesson. Poor Betta, glad that you are doing you can help him out. What size tank were the Betta & goldfish in? You've already been given good advice for the Betta, clean, warm water is going to be his best medicine. From the pic it appears he has fin rot. It would be in his best interest to get him a heater otherwise he probably won't heal properly & will continue to have health issues. Or I would see if he can be rehomed away from the school. Now for the Goldfish, if the goldfish is NOT in a at least a 20g tank he or she will not live long or have a good life. Goldies are huge waste producers so they need frequent water changes or extremely good filtration & in order to grow properly need a minimum of a 20g tank plus their diet is a little more specialized than most people think. If the teachers are not willing to house & feed the goldie correctly then he needs to be rehomed.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #12 
sandybottom
Reference Team

i agree with shellieca. plus, i wouldn't vilify the goldfish for being a goldfish. the teachers on the other hand. i'd make sure to show the damage and pain cause by wanting to see what happens. especially in a classroom setting. my kids would be horrified to see this.would not want my child to have a lesson in cruelty. why not sic a dog on a cat while they are at it. when people treat animals poorly, this shows us a glimpse of who they are on the inside.
sandybottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 06:01 PM   #13 
CowGirlBetta

I must say thank you to everyone that tried to help out Mr. Fishy, but I regret to say that Mr. Fishy did not make it. I guess the damage was far too extensive for him to survive in spite of all my efforts. Again, thanks for all the advice. I tried to do most of it. RIP Mr. Fishy.
CowGirlBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 06:51 AM   #14 
Butterfly

Awww, RIP I'm sorry :( At least you tried and at least mr fishy had someone that cared enough about him to try <3 that means a lot. Don't let them get another fish.
Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #15 
AyalaCookiejar

I would go to the principal and tell him this kind of abuse shouldn't be allowed in the classroom. If he doesn't listen, I'd go to the superintendent. The teacher's careless actions took the life of a living creature and she allowed her students to witness.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fin biting, fin eating, fin regrowth, goldfish