Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-05-2012, 09:43 PM   #11 
DragonFish

Aww, thank you Laki! The well wishes are very much appreciated. <3

And thanks guys. :)
He has already started perking up a tad bit. I juuuuust made a little Journal for him. ;)
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=121949
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:56 PM   #12 
Silverfang

That poor thing! I'm glad you got him, and for free! I bet he'll be just absolutely stunning when you get him healed up and his fins start to grow back.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:25 PM   #13 
DragonFish

Haha, I have to admit, the guy was certainly not too keen on giving him to me completely for free....if that other woman hadn't walked by I probably would have had to pay something for him, so I'm really glad she did!

I really can't wait until he heals all up. I look forward to bringing back in some pictures and showing him off a little. ;)
Old 12-06-2012, 02:56 PM   #14 
Rockandrollgirl09

He's Gorgeous. He didn't deserve for those boys to treat him like that. What did he ever do to them? It sickens me to think that people could treat creatures like that, when they know that they cant defend themselves. They are animals just like a dog is would they treat a dog like that. I agree that you were meant to get him. I have this saying which is in my signature. We don't chose the betta the betta choses us. Sometimes you just know that you are meant to have him.
Rockandrollgirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 03:16 PM   #15 
DragonFish

Oh of course not. Its absolutely terrible how bettas are so often treated like they're not even living creatures, its disgusting and not at all fair. I was definitely very happy to hear that the teenagers had been kicked out of the store, and the reaction of the several employees who I did show this guy too as I got my plants definitely showed that the employees do care. My Petsmart is pretty alright, the cups are usually decently clean and the bettas are generally fairly healthy.

I am a little surprised they didn't notice them sooner, I mean I spotted the two in the cup almost right away....but I suppose it just is one of those universal sign things; I was meant to find them and take this little guy home. xD
Based on quite a bit of personal experience, I am very of the option that any animal chooses you. All of my dogs choose me/my family, my horse choose me, my Leo choose me....and each one of my fish choose me; I've never brought a betta home that didn't give me 'the eyes'. ;)
Old 12-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #16 
Saphira101

despite his being beat up, he is beautiful. Good luck with him!!
(P.S., have you named him yet?)
Saphira101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:31 PM   #17 
DragonFish

Thank you! ^-^

Nope, I've yet to decide on a name just yet. xD I have a couple ideas in mind, but so far I don't think hes shown quite enough personality for a name to really stand out at me yet.