Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-28-2012, 05:30 PM   #1 
callistra

Pumpkin needs a home!

I've been watching a fish at a local store for about a month now and I just couldn't leave him any longer. His body is black with a greenish metallic shine to it and his fins are orange. Past that, I don't know.. he's too clamped and there is too much rot to tell. He may have some green/blue on his fins too or that could just be more rot.. He's emaciate, and not willing to eat at this time. I'm warming him up and acclimating him to clean water tonight. If he pulls through and starts eating I need to find him a new home..

I am in Eastern Kansas. He would be free, so long as you can pick him up. I really want a good home for him though.. no unheated bowls. He deserves at the very LEAST a good 2.5g heated tank with an experienced fish keeper for all he's been through.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #2 
Leopardfire

Congrats on rescuing him! You made the right decision and now he will have a happy life. I would take him, but I'm too far away but I'm sure he'll find a great home. I always wanted to rescue a betta.
Leopardfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 12:06 AM   #3 
callistra

He passed away.. He died of some combo of ammonia poisoning and emaciation from not having eaten for several weeks when I picked him up.. His ammonia was 4ppm after a water change and he never would eat.. he could only reach the surface in a couple inches of water and couldn't swim straight :( Plain neglect from the fish store. I watched him for a month and I am only sorry I didn't get him sooner. I figured someone would select him as he was a unique betta and not average.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:48 AM   #4 
Hershey

Aww, I'm sorry.
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 05:23 PM   #5 
Leopardfire

I'm so sorry that he died. :( He sounded like a beautiful fish. At least you tried to save him.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:39 PM   #6 
babystarz

I hope the pet store has a replacement policy, so you can at least rescue another fish in his honor.
babystarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:04 PM   #7 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by babystarz View Post
I hope the pet store has a replacement policy, so you can at least rescue another fish in his honor.
I agree!
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:09 PM   #8 
dramaqueen
Banned

Aww, I'm sorry for your loss.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:42 PM   #9 
callistra

Thanks guys.

There's another yellow/orange and cellophane butterfly guy there.. and an orange and red dalmatian. They need to get adopted soon but they're in ok shape, but the cellophane guy has a deformed fin. I think it's just a defect as he was like that from day one. It doesn't seem to effect him any but it just looks odd. They'd recover.. I'm thinking about bringing them home but I'm not sure yet. Finding space for 5-10gallon cycled tanks is hard and it's not fair to keep them in 1 gallon bowls forever.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #10 
Leopardfire

I know what you mean. There's a king betta at my petco that's been there for a while. He's lost his color so he looks brown and he seems in bad shape. I really want to get him, but my dad won't put up with anymore tanks and kings need at least 10 gallons. There's always so many bettas to rescue.