Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-06-2012, 12:19 AM   #1 
sandrac8388

Updated Betta Family!

Here are the most recent additions to my betta family!

This halfmoon has no name yet...I'm leaning towards Pete! lol He had a case of ich when I bought him and I didn't know. I thought he was just cold until I took a closer look. Along with the salt grains he was very lethargic, not moving around, not eating, very miserable. I treated him for a week and he is all better. Such a huge change!!! He is in his old hospital tank until his planted tank is ready!

This is Harry. I bought him at petsmart and he was miserable! Oh gosh, I wish I had taken a pic of his before picture. He was pale brown, torn fins, and had a kind of curve to his body. Now he is all better and coloring up. Please feel free to admire his bubble nest. Little boy is way too young if you ask his momma!!! lol

This big boy is Ed, he is a king betta I recieved as a gift from my boyfriend! He is super gentle and very chill. He loves his cave and like to hide. So because of that his new 10 gallon planted tank will have lots of hidding spots. He will eat up to 8-10 pellets. biiiig boy! He is still adjusting to his quarantine tank. Hopefully he colors up more and unclamps. He swims around a bit but he is very shy!

This is Bob, He is a beautiful dumbo betta. The tail type...Not sure?! I think he is delta or halfmoon not sure! He is beautiful! Please feel free to admire him too lol. I got him on an impulse buy and I love him! He is very spunky but will like to relax on his anubia from time to time!

Thats about it...I love these little guys so much. They will all move to their planted homes soon! Here are some pics of my other bettas! I now am a proud mommy of 8!

Mufasa with his awesome fin growth! (I was a bad betta mom at first but I learned how to care of these awesome fishies!) He is enjoying his new planted 10 gallon home!

This is Zorro, he is my halfmoon marble betta. He is amazingly awesome! I could just hug him to pieces. He flares alot which is why he has some fin blowouts. Hopefully his a planted tank will fix that!

This is Art, he is a beautiful plakat! Very spunky little guy. Not a very good jumper but he will definitely try if you have food! He loves frozen brine shrimp!!!

Last but not least the princess of all the tanks in the house is Lucy, she is a firecracker! She will attack a shrimp bigger than her, she will steal food, she will jump for food, she loves all types of food and will not discrimininate! She is a youngin' too but she is "eggin", a lot more than this pic. I love her so much. Except when she doesn't stop eating and gets bloated then I have to QT her. (sigh)

Last edited by sandrac8388; 12-06-2012 at 12:36 AM.
sandrac8388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:23 AM   #2 
Karebear13

Love the dumbo and dragon plakat! You have some nice looking fish ;)
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:13 AM   #3 
irishcreep

I love Lucy :)
irishcreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 02:47 AM   #4 
hannah16

I love that dumbo. I would of have fell into my impulses too.
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:45 AM   #5 
homegrown terror

is it just me, or has petsmart had some really beautiful "classic" (blue-body-red-fins) dragons over the last few months? i've got two myself, and keep seeing more on here every day.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 08:26 AM   #6 
sandrac8388

Thank you guys! I love my babies. It is amazing to see how each one has their own personality!

@homegrown..I noticed the same thing. I got Art, Harry, and Lucy from PetsMart. Pete is from Aquarium World! Mufasa is from Wal Mart. And the rest are PetCo.

I'm making everyone a planted tank. Each two weeks I buy some plants and start on the next one. I am moving into a town home or 2 bedroom apt next year and was going to have a betta room in the guest bedroom lol. But I don't want them tucked away in a room. So now I am trying to find good stands and bookshelfs to place one or two on. I have no space and unfortunately I don't think about that when I buy or rescue some of these guys. Mufasa is in a 10 gallon, zorro is in a 10, and I will have to buy Art a 10 (he has a 5 now) and Ed will definitely have a 10gal. The rest i was going to do either a 3, 5, or 6. I know bigger is better but If i'm going small I'm gonna go with the nice fluval tanks and make it planted and all that good stuff. So we will see how everything turns out.

Last edited by sandrac8388; 12-06-2012 at 08:34 AM.
sandrac8388 is offline   Reply With Quote