Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-06-2012, 04:15 PM   #1 
Joytattoo

sci-fi & fantesy fans???

Any one else out there a fan or star trek or lord of the rings ??
Joytattoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:32 PM   #2 
thekinetic

Yup LOtR fan right here, read nearly everythin Tolkien has written. Can't wait for the The Hobbit! ^_^
thekinetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:50 PM   #3 
Silverfang

I just hope they didn't leave out as much good stuff from the book as they did the trilogy.
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 04:59 PM   #4 
djembekah

i think The Hobbit is going to be 3 movies long, so hopefully it'll have a lot
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 05:27 PM   #5 
Joytattoo

the one problem the producer's writers and directors will run into is trying to measure up JR Tolkien put soo much detail in his novels that its basically impossible to recreate. Also fun fact some schools offer elvish as a language. It's hard to learn but so worth it, I have an elvish tattoo.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:59 PM   #6 
Silverfang

I missed some of the scenes from the book in the trilogy that were just disappointing. I'm curious to see if they beat Beorn Bear guy in (can't remember his exact name). I also hope they don't try to conjure up some fake romance the same way they overplayed the Aaragorn Arwen bit in the triology.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:00 PM   #7 
homegrown terror

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joytattoo View Post
the one problem the producer's writers and directors will run into is trying to measure up JR Tolkien put soo much detail in his novels that its basically impossible to recreate. Also fun fact some schools offer elvish as a language. It's hard to learn but so worth it, I have an elvish tattoo.
that's actually WHY peter jackson decided to tackle LOTR in the first place. Weta Workshop had a meeting, decided "hey, we've got the CGI power to do just about anything on screen, what should we do with it?" and they settled on LOTR since it's long been considered by filmmakers to be impossible to adequately film due to its complexity. i love it when artists actually challenge themselves.

btw, my fiance and i have bettas named Frodo and Sam, do you think we might be fans? (she's also got two bettas named The Doctor and TARDIS, and we've got a pair of VT males named Eric and Godric, think we're fantasy nuts?)

EDIT: The Hobbit is significantly shorter in print than the LOTR trilogy, but is being given roughly the same amount of film time, so i'd say it's likely there will be less content-cutting than LOTR had.

Last edited by homegrown terror; 12-06-2012 at 07:03 PM.
homegrown terror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:53 PM   #8 
Sparrowhawk

I'm a fan of an awful lot of sci-fi and fantasy, Star Trek and LotR included.

I have a Voyager-era commbadge tattoo, hehe.

Also have an AURYN tattoo (Neverending Story, where my Falkor got his name from) and if it counts, "don't dream it, be it" from the Rocky Horror Picture Show is on my left thigh. My skin is just full of pop culture references. >.<

My screenname here (also gamer-tag in everything it was available in that I hadn't already chosen Seven of Nine for) is also from a fantasy series. Anyone recognise it? ^.^

My tumblr name is from Dune as well (Muad'Dib, Kwisatz Haderach was taken, haha) and I plan to get the first bit of the Litany Against Fear as a tattoo when I can afford to.

Looks like we have a lot of geeks here.

It's awesome.

P.S. Totally looking forward to the Hobbit film. Though I have to admit, I am a little apprehensive. In LotR, I really disliked the replacing of Legolas with Arwen in the scene where Frodo is rescued from the Black Riders, along with the rest of the overkill involving her... Hrmmmmm....
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 11:52 PM   #9 
Joytattoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by homegrown terror View Post
that's actually WHY peter jackson decided to tackle LOTR in the first place. Weta Workshop had a meeting, decided "hey, we've got the CGI power to do just about anything on screen, what should we do with it?" and they settled on LOTR since it's long been considered by filmmakers to be impossible to adequately film due to its complexity. i love it when artists actually challenge themselves.

btw, my fiance and i have bettas named Frodo and Sam, do you think we might be fans? (she's also got two bettas named The Doctor and TARDIS, and we've got a pair of VT males named Eric and Godric, think we're fantasy nuts?)

EDIT: The Hobbit is significantly shorter in print than the LOTR trilogy, but is being given roughly the same amount of film time, so i'd say it's likely there will be less content-cutting than LOTR had.

my fiance and i have legolas, aragorn, and gimli ( pardon my bad spelling)
Old 12-07-2012, 11:43 AM   #10 
Silverfang

I still loved the movies, just, loved the books too and had to critique.

I can't wait for the Hobbit either.

Hah, I love Trek, the first four. Enterprise... it just didn't sit right with me.

As an aside for Voyager, my name is Kathryn Jayne :>