Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-06-2012, 05:51 PM   #1 
IshyNbibbit

I think I've decided on a tank...

Marineland bio-wheel LED 10 gallon.

I've used the search feature and read reviews online for weeks.
I was looking for a glass tank, 10 gallon and under with LED white/blue lights. This tank seems to fit it all. Any comment or concerns about this tank?

I originally was only going to do 1 betta and 1 adf. I went to an aquatic pet store, World of Wet Pets in Portland, OR and had excellent customer service. All bettas were in 10 gallon tanks with other community fish and they were so happy!

Now that I have seen them with other fish and adfs, I think I want to go that route. If I get all my critters from there at the same time, I feel that I might have a better success rate of them getting along. Is that a correct assumption?

It's been years since I've owned fish and I don't know if I setting myself up for failure by getting a 10 gal (seems so big to me) and community fish/adf. I hope I can do this!
IshyNbibbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:43 PM   #2 
Myates

It would make it a bit easier if all are introduced at one time - no one to set up territories (*clears throat at betta* yeah, you buddy!) prior to bringing in new fish.
There may be a bit of squabble at the beginning, but it should smooth out, depending upon whether or not your betta is feisty.

You could add in a couple more peaceful fish if you would like, a couple platies/swordtails (1 male per 2 females) would be good.. will help keep the betta from picking on just one tank mate if he is any bit temperamental.

And you'll be fine :) A 10g really isn't all that big in the aquarium world, but can be daunting to new(ish) owners. You'll figure out the best cleaning method for yourself and the right schedule. If you do have any questions on how to clean the tank, just ask!
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote