Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-06-2012, 10:26 PM   #1 
betta lover1507

I need to update myself here...

Yeah i've gotten pretty depressed over the time of not coming onto this site :c i've lost so many fish now that i've grown depressed over it (i lost Karan today and might loose Soda). Sometimes i feel like i should just give up and listen to some people that told me that i should :\
i've lost contact to my close friends here so i gave up coming onto the site ^^; sorry...

also i am online alot, but i just won't say anything, i'll just look at threads and read stuff. Rare occasions that i'll post up something. I don't think i have motivation to breed no more either (unfortunately) and that was basically the only goal i really wanted to do, after so many failed attempts i just gave up.

yeah i know, this is a depressing thread because i don't have anything good to talk about in my life no more. Sorry.

~ BL1507
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 12:48 AM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

Bettalover, I'm so sorry you've been feeling so bad and I'm sorry you've lost your fish. Don't give up completely. Maybe take a break for awhile and then maybe the bug will pop up out of nowhere and bite you again. :). You're always welcome here even if you aren't keeping fish right now.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:12 AM   #3 
MaisyDawgThirteen

I couldn't have put it better than DQ.
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:45 AM   #4 
betta lover1507

thanks DQ

i've just lost motivation on everything school work, family, pets, etc. i know i have to keep pushing my school work though (and i just barely got into high school)
Hopefully it does because i feel gloomy too much again X\ right now i only have 6 fish (not including 1 because most likely he won't make it) and i'm left with 4 boys, 1 girl, and my baby rescue.
Old 12-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #5 
dramaqueen
Banned

If your depression has lasted for a long period of time now then you should see a doctor about it.
Old 12-07-2012, 03:34 PM   #6 
bethyMT

Hi. If you are young and suffering so, you really should talk to somebody about it. You don't have to feel this way. It's good you're here too!

I was almost exactly in your shoes when I was a teenager, ignored my issues, and ended up wasting most of my young adulthood by not enjoying anything, making bad decisions, and eventually trying to kill myself.

It totally gets better if you get help. Life really can be more enjoyable than this! A million trillion hugs to you!
bethyMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #7 
betta lover1507

my parents don't think i need to see a doctor, they think it's just in my head. i Know antidepressants won't help with much.

i don't really do anything with bad influence like most teens, i avoid mostly every teen because all the ones around me aren't the best people in the world (like most of you guys know my neighbor hood isn't the best).
Old 12-08-2012, 02:53 PM   #8 
shellieca
Reference Team

So sorry you're feeling down. No matter how bad it seems it can get better but its up to you to make it happen. Is there someone at your school you feel comfortable talking to? I know many schools have counselors or a nurse, one of your teachers. If you can talk to someone at school they can guide you on what to do to get the help you may need. They may want to talk to your parents then your parents will hopefully realize its not just in your head.
shellieca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:10 PM   #9 
betta lover1507

no, there isn't anyone in my school i'm able to talk to about my personal things.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:40 AM   #10 
dramaqueen
Banned

Depression is real and not all in your head. I hope your parents will soon realize that.