Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-11-2012, 05:13 PM   #21 
carbonxxkidd

I want to start another tank so bad! It's just killing me, seeing all these tanks and then going to the store and seeing all the fish I want.

I have a problem though, sort of. I currently have 2 dogs, 2 cats, a tarantula, 2 bettas (in a divided tank), and 4 ghost shrimp. They are all spoiled and extremely well taken care of and my house is spotless. I'm 25 and live by myself in a 3 bedroom townhome. I JUST WANT MORE. Well on my way to being a crazy cat/fish/dog lady, lol.
carbonxxkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #22 
LittleBettaFish

I used to have way more tanks, like around 30 or something at some point. All running heaters and either internal or sponge filters. Decided that I was spending more time cleaning and maintaining the tanks than I was actually watching and enjoying my fish and so I cut down.

Also our power bill was massive for only two people so had to reduce that before my mother smothered me in my sleep.

This was how my bedroom looked maybe a month or so back.

This tank is now filled up and houses my three pairs of killifish

This tank is in the study

While I also have my brother's tank in our rumpus room

Will get some updated photos today to show how much my rack has changed around.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 09:40 PM   #23 
ILLBETHEJUDGE

That last tank is amazing.
ILLBETHEJUDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 10:10 PM   #24 
Friendlyfishies

If I used all my tanks id have 14 bettas lol...but I dont have enough time or plug outlets! Im trying to sell a lot of my tanks but no luck :/ ...so currently I only have 2 10's for my 2 male bettas up and running and a 20g long tetra tank.
Friendlyfishies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:46 AM   #25 
Tikibirds

I'D say it would be more my strange obsession then hoarding...
i have 8 tanks
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:34 PM   #26 
Shadyr

5 small tanks at home, +1 at work. Though I hope I can soon put my female CT into the new 36G as part of a sorority, thus freeing up a small tank. Which I will then have to be good and not reuse except as a QT tank.
Shadyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 06:57 PM   #27 
Sparrowhawk

I suspect my grandmother would see me as a tank hoarder, but I only have three with one more on the way. Super jealous of those of you able to have more!
Sparrowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 07:09 PM   #28 
Sena Hansler

I do not hoard tanks! I just so happen to keep a billion unused on hand, and use the rest. x)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #29 
Blue Fish

Wow...some of these photos are amazing!

I don't have any pictures, but I do tend to hoard them...
I started with 3 ten gallons...then I upgraded to 20 gallons...and now I've got my first 30 gallon...but I keep all the old tanks, even though there's nothing in them. I tend to feel bad for any of the fish in the smaller tanks, so eventually everyone gets an "upgrade" into a larger one. But...just in case...I keep the old ones as well. :)

So far, the list includes:
3 20 gallons
1 30 gallon
3 10 gallons
2 3-5 gallon plastic bins for temp homes/hospitals
3 bowls, again, for temp homes and for learning to swim in larger and larger spaces once they come home from the Cups Of Death. I take them up a bit at a time from a 1 gallon bowl to a 10 gallons of water (either a single tank or a larger one divided). Everyone eventually lives in at least 10 gallons.)

All of mine are in my bathroom. I know, that sounds terrible...but I've got one of those "jack and jill" divided bathrooms, so there's a hallway with the two sinks and the linen closet, then a smaller, separate room with the toilet and shower/tub in it. I've got 1 20 gallon, and 1 30 gallon in there, and 2 more 20 gallons in the hallway portion, one against the wall on a stand, and the other on the counter between the sinks.
I ended up putting them there because so much easier to clean (water and drainage is literally RIGHT THERE), and moreso because my house is old...and the windows are drafty, and the bathroom is one of the warmest rooms in the house, so temps can stay pretty steady. (Even with tank heaters, some of my rooms can vary by up to 7 degrees between day and night depending on the weather, and I've yet to find a heater than can keep up.) And I get to visit my boys every day when I get ready for work, and then again at night when I come to take a shower. :)
Blue Fish is offline   Reply With Quote