Betta Fish Forum banner

quick question about food!

423 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Myates 
#1 ·
hi everyone, so, recently i spied some little white bugs(they're really really tiny) crawling in my betta's food. i was wondering how to get rid of them. i figured putting it in the freezer might help, because the cold would kill them. but will the nutritional value of the food be affected if i do so? thanks!!

#2 ·
White bugs? O.O Hmmm... I think you should throw the food away. I mean, once you freeze the pellets it's still on it. (Pellets??) What brand is it exactly? And I'm not sure on the nutrients...

#4 ·
I would toss them.. sad since it's a Pro, but those bugs have been chewing on the foods, going to the bathroom on them, laying eggs, etc. They may be harmless, but since you don't know where they came from is it really worth the risk? Never heard/seen of bugs in the food as the food has a tight enough lid to keep things out (if properly placed on the bottle).. could be tiny maggots.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.