Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-11-2012, 08:14 PM   #31 
Ganymede

my family stopped at walmart on the way home and i went and tortured myself by looking at the bettas. some of them were in water so brown and filthy they could barely move

there was a beautiful black and red female there who kept looking at me and if we hadn't been in such a rush i prolly would have gotten her. i've got a new 10gal for knock out with a black and red colour scheme, and now i'm contemplating making a divider and going back for her
Ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:52 PM   #32 
LittleBlueFishlets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganymede View Post
my family stopped at walmart on the way home and i went and tortured myself by looking at the bettas. some of them were in water so brown and filthy they could barely move

there was a beautiful black and red female there who kept looking at me and if we hadn't been in such a rush i prolly would have gotten her. i've got a new 10gal for knock out with a black and red colour scheme, and now i'm contemplating making a divider and going back for her
A 10 gal? You could start a sorority! (Gee, I'm helpful, aren't I? But I just gave you an excuse to buy 5+ new fish. LOL)
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:18 PM   #33 
aemaki09

I've only gone back for 2. One is my black orchid CT boy, and the other is my blue marbled boy I got last night.
with both of them I tried my hardest to avoid going back, and waited about a month each time, hoping they would be gone. But no, they were still there and I took it as a sign to bring them home.

aemaki09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:29 PM   #34 
hannah16

A month?! WOW. Long time! I'd end up going back in a week.
hannah16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:56 AM   #35 
Ganymede

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBlueFishlets View Post
A 10 gal? You could start a sorority! (Gee, I'm helpful, aren't I? But I just gave you an excuse to buy 5+ new fish. LOL)
i wish i had the time to start a sorority!

if i can i'll stop by tonight when i go to return my heater. i'm a little leery to put her in with knock out (potential hormone issues) but at the same time i'd hate to leave her there.
Ganymede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 08:23 AM   #36 
aemaki09

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah16 View Post
A month?! WOW. Long time! I'd end up going back in a week.
Haha I just know that I don't haw the spar room so I try my hardest not to get more unless they are female since I have a sorority tank. I also really hate supporting the store that I got both of them from because they're clueless on fish care. They don't even know what species need heaters or what are schooling species. Do that makes it easier not to go back. Though on these two I just couldn't resist any more
Old 12-12-2012, 09:39 AM   #37 
BettaPirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aemaki09 View Post
I've only gone back for 2. One is my black orchid CT boy, and the other is my blue marbled boy I got last night.
with both of them I tried my hardest to avoid going back, and waited about a month each time, hoping they would be gone. But no, they were still there and I took it as a sign to bring them home.

wow your black guy is a beauty, i'd have gone back for him too!
BettaPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:09 AM   #38 
aemaki09

Thank you :) he is definitely still my favorite out of 8 boys, a shame he won't spawn.
Old 12-13-2012, 10:13 AM   #39 
ktbrew

Im dealing with the same issue. I went back yesterday hoping the purple dragon scale hmpk was gone but ...he was still there....AND the most beautiful male marked as a doubletail that lookes more like a ee that was between a plakat and a hm....ive never seen one like him EVER! I tried to hide him so i can come back on Friday after I get paid and get both.

My husbands gonna kill me but I have to do it. Theyre too beautiful. The good news was an employee just finished changing all of the water in the cups so they were active, clean and happy!
ktbrew is offline   Reply With Quote