Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-09-2012, 12:02 AM   #11 
AyalaCookiejar

Oh, have you seen the homemade shelf I have my tanks on? Haha, I could fit like ten all against one wall. Even more than that if I added another shelf.
It's some very long boards stacked on cinder blocks. It is also very useful.. I have all my fish at my boyfriends house and he has this homemade shelf running across two walls, so I could fit a ridiculous number of tanks if I wanted. The only thing is, I'd need more cinder blocks to support the weight.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:20 AM   #12 
Syriiven

I have no idea how much cinder blocks are, but I'd imagine fiding them at a construction site would be easier.... I know I had one pulled from a height to break over my head though. They hurt. I can account for sturdiness.

But yea, seen your shelf and wondering if that might be something I'd like. Keep thinking of ideas. Like a room with shelves with aquariums and books. Or a wall of shelves with the aquariums (maybe a really big center one) and the otherside of the room for my art.

With a big window for natural lighting and beautiful sunsets.

And maybe some stained glass.

......I dream a lot xD
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:29 AM   #13 
AyalaCookiejar

Lol the shelves are a little "ghetto" looking xD I actually have my art as the background in Bahari's tank... A batman thing I made in school last year, lol. I'm making one right now with the little flower things in the sky from spongebob..

Along with my anchor drawing I did on the wall behind it, of an anchor "sinking" and then hitting the bottom of the sea and creating bubbles, and many others that don't really go with the fish theme.. Well, let's just say that I've taken over my boyfriend's basement and turned it into a fish/art gallery.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:32 AM   #14 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syriiven View Post
He is sooo pretty! I love his colors!!!!
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:33 AM   #15 
Syriiven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
He is sooo pretty! I love his colors!!!!
Thanks so much! =D
Old 12-09-2012, 12:35 AM   #16 
Syriiven

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyalaCookiejar View Post
Lol the shelves are a little "ghetto" looking xD I actually have my art as the background in Bahari's tank... A batman thing I made in school last year, lol. I'm making one right now with the little flower things in the sky from spongebob..

Along with my anchor drawing I did on the wall behind it, of an anchor "sinking" and then hitting the bottom of the sea and creating bubbles, and many others that don't really go with the fish theme.. Well, let's just say that I've taken over my boyfriend's basement and turned it into a fish/art gallery.
I have canvas behind the 10g to kind of deter them from flaring at their reflections so much >.< But it's just colors thrown together and playing with strokes of the brush. Actually thinking of getting those small canvases the size of photo frames and doing small watercolor/acrylic pictures of my bettas =) Maybe even sell some.

Also been thinking I should take up my digital art again. I eventually want to be painting pictures of sea life and selling them and donating the funds to conservancy groups to help research and protect the oceans.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:44 AM   #17 
AyalaCookiejar

That's my dream, to do something with animals that is going to make a difference. I don't know exactly what, yet.. but I know my whole future will include animals.

He is so pretty >.< I need a halfmoon now for my three gallon!
Old 12-09-2012, 12:48 AM   #18 
Syriiven

They really are so pretty =) And the store had several different ones. two dragonscale, one a butterfly also >.> A steel-blue HMPK (halfmoon plakat) and a few others that were within that cambodian and red range.
Old 12-09-2012, 12:51 AM   #19 
AyalaCookiejar

Arg! I can't wait until my new tanks are ready, lol.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:00 AM   #20 
Syriiven

Me neither! I wanna see what you do with them and new bettas! Any idea what females you want for your sorority?