Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-11-2012, 10:37 AM   #11 
CharStarr

Thank you everyone for posting your help and advice. He passed away yesterday morning. RIP Spyro <3
CharStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:37 AM   #12 
sunlight

so sorry for you loss :( You did everything to help him.
I think you have another betta. How is he doing? Don't share any equipment between them just in case it was something contagious.
Do you cycle your tanks? I want to give you a few links where you can find helpful information on cycling if you are cycle. If you don't cycle you need to do 2-weekly water changes . If you cycle your tank you still need to do weekly water changes with gravel vacuuming and filter rinsing in the old water WITH water changes.

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=107771

http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=115758

sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:11 PM   #13 
CharStarr

Thanks, yes I have another one his name is Kudo. He's doing very well. I won't share the equipment, thanks :) Is there a way I can get rid of this algae though once and for all? Its frustrating.

Thanks for the links, I will be taking a look at those.
CharStarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 12:43 PM   #14 
sunlight

I am glad that Kudo doing good.I think you can even ask question right in these links , even though if the link from long I don't cycle my tanks that is why i probably don't have algae. Because i do 100% water changes and i rinse everything in the tank so i have no idea about algae. Is you tank located on direct sun light ? Or do you have light in your tank? It will give algae. Also i would think when you do water changes wipe the walls and rinse the heater, filter in old water WITH water change ,plants. Not sure how to do it in the cycle tank though.
I was watching the uyy at work who cleaned 75 gallons. He suck out 50-75% of the water and wipes the tank and the heater and clean the plants.

sunlight is offline   Reply With Quote