Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 02-25-2013, 01:58 AM   #41 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
I don't know about Prime except that on this website I read some threads where people said things like "I ONLY trust Seachem Prime" .. ha ha .. so I now use it, even though it smells like rotten cat pee :)

I had to google forever before I found dosages for small tanks though. A lot of products don't take into account betta tanks or nano tanks .. or anything under 20 gallons.
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:03 AM   #42 
Kiara1125

Yeah, I don't smell it. Well ... at least I haven't smelled it yet. I trekked 2 hours to and back from Walmart in a blizzard while I was sick (coughing up blood, not fun) JUST so I could get Prime and salt for my bettas to get better. If that's not devotion, then I don't know what is. People saying its "just a fish". Ugh! That was last a week ago (Monday), BTW. I'm still sick, but getting better. I got blisters all over my feet. lol but, anything for my bettas. :D
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:07 AM   #43 
AyalaCookiejar

I use a medical syringe to dose prime... My mom is a nurse so she has easy access to them. It's like .1 ml per gallon.

Prime is good because it can neutralize ammonia for 24-48 hours. It's good for people with ammonia in their tap. Plus, its just a high quality conditioner. Even if it smells like sulfur..
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 02:09 AM   #44 
mursey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara1125 View Post
A sewage pipe broke and leaked into the water. Still, that's sad! I had a purple/yellow marble veiltail and I need to find my pics if him. He died on Christmas and I felt terrible. He was given to me by my boyfriend ( after he rescued him from Walmart and had him for two years). I had him for two years and he got dropsy ... Still, I wish I would've seen your betta. I miss my Lithium. :(

Aw .. I will post a couple pics. I don't know why he got sick and it was really sad, my mom & I loved looking at him! But I have a thing where I don't like to look at photos of dead beloved pets, I always feel guilty & bummed. But it's kind of nice to see we all feel that way some times.

And then this is him more colored up the week that he died .. . he was lethargic and his gill was all messed up and he was breathing heavily. This is his hospital tank, I'll post his real tank too.

Old 02-25-2013, 02:12 AM   #45 
mursey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiara1125 View Post
Yeah, I don't smell it. Well ... at least I haven't smelled it yet. I trekked 2 hours to and back from Walmart in a blizzard while I was sick (coughing up blood, not fun) JUST so I could get Prime and salt for my bettas to get better. If that's not devotion, then I don't know what is. People saying its "just a fish". Ugh! That was last a week ago (Monday), BTW. I'm still sick, but getting better. I got blisters all over my feet. lol but, anything for my bettas. :D

Well it's not just "just a fish" to all of us here on this website! :)
Old 02-25-2013, 02:21 AM   #46 
Kiara1125

Right?! :)

Still, GORGEOUS betta and tank! I'm so sorry that he passed ... I'll try to find something of Lithium. The only thing is that he was sick at the time and it is all I can find ...
Kiara1125 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blind, blind betta, blindness