Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 11-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #1 
rubinthebetta

Talking Maggie, my first rescue

Recently, epicbetta1224 gave me a betta fish that I had been looking at when I went to Petsmart. She has bitten up fins and the poor girl has stress stripes. I will dedicate this thread to her and post pics and report on her progress.
rubinthebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #2 
LeoTheLakerBetta

Sounds great!
LeoTheLakerBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #3 
rubinthebetta

How I got Maggie

Like I mentioned before, Maggie was a gift from epicbetta1224. What happened was this: on Halloween, I was getting Rubin a heater. The heater I purchased just so happened to be near the female bettas....anyways, I was looking at the females, and saw a cute one that I felt bad for, since she had barely any dorsal fin and the rest of her fins were bitten up. Later, I told my friends about it. (including epicbetta1224) My birthday party just so happened to be that weekend (today) and epicbetta1224 was the first to come. She had a square package and told me that I had to open it immediately or else it would suffocate. Well, that was a big hint! I helped her put the mysterious package on the table and removed the wrapping paper. (she had made a little cover out of wrapping paper for it) Lo and behold, there was that female betta that I had seen on Halloween! I decided to call her Maggie. (who knows why) Anyways, that's about it! I'll post pics soon.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:35 PM   #4 
rubinthebetta

Day 1 With Maggie

When I got Maggie, her tail was bitten and she had extremely bold stress stripes. It is still the same but I think her stress stripes might have faded a bit. Lucky for me, I'm allowed to go get fin rot medication (in case she has it already or to prevent it) I also think I'll get her a small decoration to hide in or something. I can't wait! Oh, and BTW: here are some pics of her on day one. These aren't from when I first got her, but an hour or so afterwards. I had a video but it apparently was an invalid file. *sighs sadly* That really was a great video, but i'll have to find a way to get it on here. Oh well.
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2012, 07:16 AM   #5 
rubinthebetta

Day 2 With Maggie-early morning

From what I can tell, her stress stripes have faded a bit, but they're still pretty bold. I really want to help her to be not stressed, any ideas? Anyways, I think her fins have a gray edge...isn't that a sign of fin rot of something? Oh, and BTW, when I said earlier that her fins were bitten up, I meant her tail as well. Poor girl. On the bright side, like I said before, I get to go shopping for the fin rot medicine and a nice decoration for the tank.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:08 PM   #6 
rubinthebetta

Day 2 With Maggie-afternoon

Okay, so I just got back from Petsmart after buying BettaFix and a small plastic plant by TopFin. I'm so glad right now since Maggie has something to hide in. She isn't really sure what to think of it, though. Anyways, she doing great and her stress stripes have faded a lot, although they're still noticeable. Anybody know something that will help with her stress? Here are some pics of her! (and the stuff I got her)
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #7 
rubinthebetta

I forgot to mention something; there is only her in the tank, but the tank reflects a lot, which is why it looks like she has another girl in the tank with her in the pics. *sighs* That's going to be a pain someday...
Old 11-04-2012, 02:31 PM   #8 
LebronTheBetta

Anything that ends with -Fix has tea tree oil in them. It can damage their labyrinth organ. Please do a 100% change right now!!
LebronTheBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 02:34 PM   #9 
rubinthebetta

*starts freaking out* Darn it I should have researched before I got it! *10000000000 facepalms* Thanks for the warning.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #10 
rubinthebetta

Umm...I researched tea tree oil being toxic to bettas....good and bad things about it.

Tags
maggie, my first rescue, rescue, rescue betta