Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-08-2012, 08:43 PM   #1 
Maddybelle

Talking Buying myself a Christmas present

Looking for a yellow or orange halfmoon or HMPK to buy myself for Christmas. Can be solid, marble, butterfly, or dragon. Male or female, doesn't matter. Looking for something to cross into my orange/yellow HM line to strengthen rays, so nice thick rays are a big plus. Post or message me a pic and a price. Thanks guys!
Maddybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:03 AM   #2 
Maddybelle

Also interested in copper CT, mustard gas CT, copper HMPK, orange dalmatian HM or HMPK.
Old 12-10-2012, 10:01 AM   #3 
Mo

Aww. All I have are white HMPK's and Big ear HMPK's. sorry
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #4 
Myates

And my red/yellow HM pair isn't hitting it off right now, male needs some growth still.. show quality fins on both - but it will be weeks before I try to get them going once more.. so not in time for what you are wanting :( Sorry!

You could look for a super red to go with your yellow/orange so that way the colors won't fade - will get reds and oranges, possibly yellows. An orange + orange is fine, but breeding too much of the same color that is recessive like that tends to dull the colors. May want to check into it :) Ask Indjo (super knowledgeable on genetics/colorings).. that way it can open up the possibilities, as an orange can be trickier to find.

Last edited by Myates; 12-13-2012 at 09:21 AM.
Myates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 09:52 AM   #5 
polukoff

I just posted a yellow-ish Pineapple female

http://www.aquabid.com/cgi-bin/aucti...shm&1356018511
polukoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 10:31 PM   #6 
Maddybelle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myates View Post
And my red/yellow HM pair isn't hitting it off right now, male needs some growth still.. show quality fins on both - but it will be weeks before I try to get them going once more.. so not in time for what you are wanting :( Sorry!

You could look for a super red to go with your yellow/orange so that way the colors won't fade - will get reds and oranges, possibly yellows. An orange + orange is fine, but breeding too much of the same color that is recessive like that tends to dull the colors. May want to check into it :) Ask Indjo (super knowledgeable on genetics/colorings).. that way it can open up the possibilities, as an orange can be trickier to find.
My male is such a vibrant orange, I don't think I'll need to cross in red for a few generations yet! Not to mention, over half of this spawn is looking red/cambodian. I'm really hoping to find a yellow or mustard gas with really strong rays.

I'm also considering switching gears and working with crowntails for a while, so if anyone has some interesting CTs, I'd be willing to wait a little bit for the right fish. Something that isn't red, black, or orchid.