Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-09-2012, 03:03 AM   #1 
cantfindone

betta very lethargic. unknown illness

Hey guys!

Ive had my male betta for around 6 months. Everytime i walk into the room he always comes up to the top of the tank to greet me. However the past 3 days he has just lay on the bottom of the tank. Ive checked symptoms of fish diseases online and he doesnt seem to have any main symptoms of any disease. He looks totally normal as always. However his fins seem to be breaking down on the edges. It is happening very slowly. This happened a few weeks ago and medicated him with betta fix for 7 days and did a water change. However when that happened the first time he was still eating and swimming as normal. Only recently has he come up when i feed him. He will look at the food and maybe eat one tiny pellet, ignore the other food and go back down to the bottom. Sometimes i tap the tank and he wont even budge. His staying down there most of the time during the day
I check my water parameters every few weeks and theyve always been fine. I have not made any changes to my care regime so i cant figure out what has made him act different. For the past three days ive treated him with betta fix hoping it is just a bacterial problem. I dont know what else to do! His not constipated. His gills are not swollen. He has no white spots on him. Im very confused. At first i thought he may have velvet disease. But i cant get a proper picture of him as he hates the camera flash. I will try and upload the best pic i could take. Any other questions please ask. Ur help is much appreciated. Thanku
Attached Images

cantfindone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 08:09 AM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

It could be too cold or ammonia poisoning we need more info.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #3 
SuperNoob

what are your parameters and temp
SuperNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #4 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I am still guessing lethargy related to cold water or ammonia poisoning.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:54 PM   #5 
LittleBlueFishlets

I'm sorry to hear he's not feeling well. There's a form that you can fill out to provide information: http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=49233

Also, in the photo, it looks like he's blue?
LittleBlueFishlets is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, bottom, finrot, lethargic, velvet