Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-13-2012, 03:20 PM   #11 
tazman19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kithy View Post
Looks great :D

Be wary, it's not uncommon for betta to hop out so if you can find a cover for a reasonable price, do it just in case.
Yeah, the cover this tank came with is Ok but has that half moon cut out in the front that worries me a little. :)
tazman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:21 PM   #12 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

The Rhizome is what the roots and leafs grow out the roots can grow in substrate. If you want you can attach it to Driftwood or Lava rock. My Anuibus is growing from the rock to the sand.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:23 PM   #13 
tazman19

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
The Rhizome is what the roots and leafs grow out the roots can grow in substrate. If you want you can attach it to Driftwood or Lava rock. My Anuibus is growing from the rock to the sand.
Do you recommend sand over gravel? And do you have any pictures? Sorry to be such a noob, but I assume you mean dont bury that long cylinder shaped thing that is vertical.
tazman19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #14 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Sand and Substrate is does not matter. Many People prefer attaching it to Driftwood or Lava Rock but rooting will work if dome properly.
Old 12-13-2012, 03:25 PM   #15 
Goldie2nd

He looks Happy I like it
Goldie2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 03:29 PM   #16 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

I love mu Anaibus.
Old 12-13-2012, 07:13 PM   #17 
Viva

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazman19 View Post
Do you recommend sand over gravel? And do you have any pictures? Sorry to be such a noob, but I assume you mean dont bury that long cylinder shaped thing that is vertical.
My anubias is planted in the substrate, and its grown 2 new leaves already so I know it is doing well. It will do just as well tied to something like a rock or wood too. Make sure your wooden cave is sanded down properly and has no sharp edges or your betta's fins may get snagged and could get infected.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 05:56 PM   #18 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Like I said as long as the Rhizomes not buried it will work.
Old 12-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #19 
zaphekiel

For the anubias, I have gravel, but I do not bury it.. just kinda.. push it into the gravel just enough so it doesn't float. I did that with my java fern which also has a rhizome, and after 2 months is grew roots around the gravel so now it doesn't float away anymore and does not have to be pushed into the substrate anymore either. Hope that clarified a bit. If not I may be able to get some pics tomorrow. Good job on that tank though!
zaphekiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:36 PM   #20 
ktbrew

Just to clarify, the rhizome is the green, thick base that the white roots come out of. Bury the roots just not the base of all of the branches.
ktbrew is offline   Reply With Quote