Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #1 
Drafeara

Unhappy Betta Fight :(

Hello
I was wondering if anyone has any information on how to help heal a betta that has been in a fight :( I recently set up a tank with 2 dividers so I could keep my DT's in the same tank. I have over 10 betta. Most are small tanks that are cleaned 100% once a week as well as pucking out excess food daily. So I though putting them in a bigger tank with filter/heater would save me from having to clean 3 of the tanks. The set up looks great and they are/were all very happy. Then the smallest of the 3 (His name is Cupid) got into my bigger guys side of the tank (His name is Kratos) I'm not sure how long they were together but by the time I noticed and quickly seperated them the damage has been done :( Cupid is not in to bad shape but Kratos is tore up bad. His fins are shredded :( I have put him in the medic tank with some Betta Revive. He is eating and seems to be doing ok. I am new to the hobby but I was sure to get any medications I could find incase needed. Is there anything else I can do to help him heal faster. I feel so bad for the poor guy, I just wanna do everything I can to help him. I love all my Betta very much and feel just horrible that I didn't check them sooner
Drafeara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:29 PM   #2 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

IAL helps with recovery.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 02:39 PM   #3 
Drafeara

Thank you. I am going to clean the medic tank today. I will add a leaf then.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:41 PM   #4 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Not all leafs are IAL. Hope they both do well. How big is the tank? They might have been forced to be to close leading to them attempting and succeding to get in.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:53 PM   #5 
Drafeara

Yes I made sure to buy Grade A IAL from a breeder. I don't think the tank is the problem. I think I need to get better dividers. I see 1 of the dividers is bent a bit and Cupid is very tiny so I don't doubt that's how he got in. I will be working on that first thing when I get home from work. Looks like Kratos got the worst of it. Cupid looks pretty good overall. Just a few cuts on his fins.

P.s. Happy Birthday ChocolateBetta! TY for all your help :)
Old 12-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #6 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Thank you.
Old 12-11-2012, 05:09 PM   #7 
callistra

If you can't find IAL stress coat by API may help, but IAL is awesome if you can get some.
callistra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 05:12 PM   #8 
Sena Hansler

I would just make sure the water is clean, and yes IAL is helpful too (and stress coat). Dried oak leaves can also act as a substitute for IALs.

Shredded fins is fine. That is the least concern. Cuts on the body, now that is something you need to make sure to keep an eye on. If he does develop a white or clear filmy like stuff on a wound, it is more than likely his slime coat attempting to basically heal the wound.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 06:46 PM   #9 
Drafeara

Thank you very much. He's hooked up with the IAL :) I have check both their bodies under light and both seem like not a scratch is on them. Well the small one really don't look hurt at all. The other guys fins are tore up so bad they are pretty much gone :( I guess all I can do is keep them clean and hope poor Kratos starts to look better soon.
Old 12-11-2012, 06:48 PM   #10 
Sena Hansler

Clean, warm water will help his fins :) Sorry that happened though. The closest that I have come to that is magician Maine making it over to poor ol' Spartan's side and surprised the old chap. But Maine was a lover - ego-oriented, but a lover.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote