Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-24-2012, 05:48 PM   #1 
Gracie8890

Horse thread!

Ok so i love horses so much! There my life! I want to be with them every second of everyday, and my heart aches knowing we cant afford one :'(. So ive dedicated this thread to all those people out there that have been plagued by this unforgiving love<3
Gracie8890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:18 PM   #2 
Freyja
Banned

Oh me! I had 5 at one point. Two mares and three foals. They were awesome. We had Paso Finos, one of the mares and her foal. The other two foals were mixed. The other mare, not a Paso Fino, was my pet. She would follow me around. Let me do anything to her and was docile. If I took off running she'd run after me kicking her back legs like it was some big game. I miss her.
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 08:21 PM   #3 
Gracie8890

Aww thats sounds amazing! I ride at stables that has gaited horses, they used to have a paso fino named rio. He was cute<3

Right now im in LOVE with this horse named mia. Registered name: "Diamonds unlimited" and shes a big black tennessee walking horse with a faint star. Shes amazing!!! I mean she has a horrible attitude! She puts her ears back at everyone, but she has such smooooothh gaits and is so willing! I wish she was mine..
Old 10-27-2012, 02:19 PM   #4 
PaintingPintos

Horses are awesome, eh?
At one point my $40 per hour English jumping lessons became too much, and after 4 years of riding I was so competitive I was more experienced than the girls in my class who had been riding for 8 years.
We called up a stable a mile from my house and I was invited to come talk to the owner. She said that since I live so close, and all 30 horses are rescues that need love, I can have a horse for free. So I wound up with Wilma, a 14 year old Quarter/stock mix who is super stubborn, extremely fun to play with, and very wild when it comes to the Circle Game (I learn Parelli Natural Horsemanship-- overall the best training in my opinion).
I remember being horseless. If I missed my Saturday lesson I'd sit in my room for an hour and cry. I still go outside these days and erm.... embarrassingly....er, pretend to ride/be a horse. IT'S JUST SO MUCH FUN!!! lol
But yeah. Having a horse is the best thing in the world. In the beginning my Wilma HATED me-- she was abused and would kick at me if I approached her with a halter. After a couple of months she would gallop from the far end of the paddock to me, eagerly allow me to put on the halter, and we could ride around the pastures for hours. Naturally I was warned about galloping, never go too fast, never ever do things you know are dangerous. But yeah....the owner thought I'd hop on the horse and docilely plod around the pastures, trying to rope some loose branches or try some fancy pole bending or whatever. But yeah, the moment we were out of earshot/vision of the house and barn, we were like rockets, tearing around the field at top speed, galloping at our fastest. Wilma runs so fast and awesomely tears come out of my eyes. I absolutely love her bumpy, stocky horse gait.
There is nothing better in the world than being free to gallop around at your will.
I wish the best to you all horseless fanatics. Your time will come one day!!
PaintingPintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #5 
Freyja
Banned

Aint no better feeling than a full on gallop with the horse you love!
Freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:43 PM   #6 
Gracie8890

Wow i couldnt have said it better myself! Ive never galloped a horse, but saturday i hopped on dandy and i cantered him around the arena, i couldnt stop smiling! I just held on and looked up at the sky thanking god for this moment. It was a perfect ride that day. Then i hopped on rosie and did the same thing. Except rosie cant really canter, he did a kinda awkward gait canter thing :p and i almost hopped on prophet but he doesnt know how to canter. He only speeds up no cantering or changing gaits
Old 10-29-2012, 09:46 PM   #7 
MyRainbowBettaFish

horses are my life! I have a WHOLE thread on them :)

my american QH recently passed away, but right now i have a German Hanoverian Warmblood who is about 17 hands at the withers.

i do english, bareback, western, etc. I also take care of, excersice and lunge many horses.

they are just wonderful creatures.

i ride QHs, Morgans, warmbloods, thouroughbreds, walkers, ponies, etc.
I do walk, trot, canter, and i am working on gallop :)
I also participate in the occasional show.

BAREBACK IS MY FAV! It feels like you are connected with the horse you love... :)
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #8 
Gracie8890

I also love bareback! The first time i cantered a horse i was bareback with a halter and lead rope. No tack! It was scary, but i felt one with the horse and now bareback cantering is my favorite because i can feel the horse beneath me and i feel like i can move and become one with the horse :)
Old 10-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #9 
MyRainbowBettaFish

well put! I feel the same, they are my fav animals and a highly respect them :)
MyRainbowBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 10:04 PM   #10 
Gracie8890

Same! Here is the twh i was telling yall about "mia" the horse of my dreams:) for some reason im drawn to her. I really think we were meant to be. We dont have a bond or anything, but im going to change that :)when i rode at my stables when i was little she was my fav, then i stopped riding and when i cam back i didn't get to rid her so she wasn't my fav. Anymore. Then the first time that i had ridden her in a few years my trainee said we did perfect together and she even video taped us. And now I'm drawn to her again and shes my fav but no one at the stables knows that. They all think that sunnys my fav, but shes not. Not really anyways. So heres my baby:
Attached Images