Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-11-2012, 07:08 PM   #1 
Syriiven

Marble coloring or holes in the head?

This is my first marble betta, and some of the coloring has me a little worried. It almost looks like he's red beneath the teal, almost like it's bruised? Or is he just a little translucent? And the red spots around his head, they look like actual holes, not pigment...

...so if anyone could help me figure out if this is something I should worry about, please help. =(

At the time he was a little lethargic but I he was also new from the store, just the second pic makes him look really sad >.<. He's been moved to a new 10g that's split (so he has ample room and clean water and yes my water parameters are fine, the tank is snug at 77-79 degrees.
Syriiven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:48 PM   #2 
Syriiven

I don't think they're lesions, they don't look infected or clean when I see them in the brighter LED light on the 10g. They look like clean, pinkish pin-holes between scales. =/

He's not lethargic or darting and ate both times I fed them today, so I just don't know.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:34 PM   #3 
AyalaCookiejar

I don't think you need to worry too much if he is acting normally. Have you looked up information on that hole in the head disease? It doesn't sound like it as the other symptoms are lethargy and loss of appetite.. You could always try increasing the temp to 80-82 if you want.

Last edited by AyalaCookiejar; 12-11-2012 at 11:36 PM.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 11:57 PM   #4 
Syriiven

Yea I turned it up a bit before adding the salt. But yea, I'll just keep a close eye on him and Kalec. Thanks for looking at my thread Ayala.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:29 PM   #5 
Syriiven

Can anyone please take a look at this for me? I'd really like to know exactly what I'm dealing with instead of guessing from information. it'd also help if there were decent pictures of betta diseases online =(
Old 12-12-2012, 03:56 PM   #6 
DragonFish

Because he is acting normally, and because when I went around and took a peek at my bettas and could see something very similar on all my dragon/iridescent boy's heads, I would say that that is something normal and nothing to really worry about. I'm not ENTIRELY positive about this, but I want to say that they're natural little pores on their head....I'm not sure why, but for some reason thats what I keep thinking they are. xP More then likely its just little spots in his coloring.
DragonFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 04:06 PM   #7 
sunstar93

The coloring is reminiscent of my DT male...I think it is just his coloring! I would follow the others advice, just to be safe. He almost looks like a dragonscale from the coloring in his head (but idk lol). I don't think you have anything to worry about though.
And hole in the head are like little pockmarks...you don't have it lol
sunstar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:57 PM   #8 
Syriiven

Thank you! Just to be safe I'm going to continue with keeping their tank at 79-80F with 2 tsps of salt (it's a 10g w/ plants so i think that's safe). But thank you..and I did not know he was a dragonscale as well. That makes him so much cooler =D And almost exactly what i wanted, but I already love him so much ^^

Glad to know it's not something terribly wrong. =)
Old 12-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #9 
sunstar93

Lol just guessing at the dragonscale! But I'm thinking he is because of the coloring of his head and how the scales look like they sit on top of his other scales? Lol he sure is pretty!
And good luck with him! (:
sunstar93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #10 
Syriiven

Thank you =) He definitely is active and isn't scratching (or trying to) at all, so it must be fine. I'll have to look up some dragonscale marble pics and see what I can find and see if I can positive ID him xD

Tags
hith marble