Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 12-12-2012, 01:26 AM   #11 
abby818

Is there a possibility that it could be columnaris?
abby818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:44 AM   #12 
AyalaCookiejar

Quote:
•Symptoms: White spots on mouth, edges of scales and fins, Cottony Growth that eats away at the mouth, Fins rapidly disingrate, starting at the edges
Gray areas around head and gills, As the disease progresses the gray lesions may change in color to yellow/brown/red, Lesions often occur in front of the dorsal causing a “saddleback” appearance, Lethargic, Loss of appetite, Clamped, Gasping for air
Possibly? Is it near his mouth? It does not look cottony to me. It often appears on the body as well.

Last edited by AyalaCookiejar; 12-12-2012 at 01:48 AM.
AyalaCookiejar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 01:56 AM   #13 
abby818

You're right, it's definitely not that. I'm being paranoid. I didn't catch some fin rot early enough so he still has some fringe at the ends of his tail so now I feel like I need to baby him. But I think you're right, I will keep an eye on him and go about life as normal! (:
Old 12-12-2012, 02:06 AM   #14 
AyalaCookiejar

We all do it so its nothing to be ashamed of. I freak out at anything that seems even slightly abnormal with my two. It's probably not anything to be concerned about and if it was, there's nothing you can really do as there are no other symptoms. It's not a good idea to try to treat every little thing that seems "off" because they start to build up an immunity to treatment so if something does go very wrong, it's even harder to treat.
I would just try to relax. Watch him for abnormal behaviors. You might realize that it is just something normal for your fish. They are all different and carefully observing him will help you learn what is and isn't normal for him.
Old 12-12-2012, 02:07 AM   #15 
abby818

Definitely! As long as I know he's not going to die suddenly, I'm alright. Thank you (:
Old 12-12-2012, 02:13 AM   #16 
AyalaCookiejar

They do sometimes without warning, but most of the time there is no need to worry. The only disease I am worried about suddenly killing my fish is the "mystery disease". I follow that thread religiously. I also follow the disease and treatment stickies religiously. You are doing a good job being observant and that + being prepared and able to act quickly is usually what saves them in any emergency.

Good luck and many great years ahead to you and your little guy :)